zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I'm starting to consider my options for Dirtweek. zia hasn't given the official, irrevocable "go" yet, but I feel confident enough to start the planning fun.

My buddy is going with me, but he wants to fly. I don't. So, I'm thinking of iron-manning it in my pickup, with bikes in the back & tent trailer in tow. I've done this before (Dallas to Santa Cruz), but wouldn't mind having someone nearby in case I need a short break. My brother-in-law might also make the ride with me, so that may be moot.

Who has their plans hammered out yet? I could meet the SoCal folks in Nevada or something.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Id like to caravan also Zio. I can meet you in OKC and make that last 50 miles with you. :) :moon:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Don't have plans worked out yet but there will be a few of us driving out from So. Cal.

I think we will leave for OK on Sunday and drive straigh through like last year. As soon as we get real plan I'll let you know.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm planning on leaving Sat, I think, and driving almost straight through. Maybe I'll stop at VD's in New Mexico, although he doesn't know it yet.;) If I drive with someone else, we'll go straight through and get there Sunday morning. I'm open to other options as well. Need to know if RMJeff is going too, if so, he is flying and will need a bike brought out.

I'm also kicking around taking a suburban with a trailer and taking a bunch of bikes too, so basically, I have no freakin idea what the heck I'm doing. I do know that I AM going though, that's all that counts.;)

The only way I'll ride with Billy again is if he keeps his hands to himself, lets ME pick the vehicle we take (hopefully one that doesn't catch fire or pops out ball joints) and hge buys me one of those Texas sized popsicles!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Not with Billy, he gets weird in them, starts writing on the walls. :moon:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Billy & Elk monologue after 24 hours of driving straight through:

Billy: "Hey! Truckers on the road here are really nice. That guy just invited us for some Oreos at the next truck stop!"

Elk: "Ah Billy... I don't think he was motioning to put cookies in his mouth.... He was giving you the George Micheal code-sign for "Glory Hole"... :scream:

:)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
K ;)

Smit, that wasn't the only conversation going on, between the cockpit fire and popping ball joints, it was quite the circus.:)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
If my truck were to break again, I think I'd leave it at Copperland and have Kris make a tunnel jump out of it :laugh:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I'm getting closer to the "ok". Once I do, I'll start taking applications for a co-pilot. I've got my little Toyota Extra Cab and I want to pull my tent trailer, too.

This time, I'm in for the whole week. I want to park as close to camp Tejas as possible.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Hey Ronny James Zio,
SFO and I are coming from SF and could hook up by you.
You live in Fresno, correct?
I took us three straight days of driving.
It would be fun to caravan together if not in the same car at least the same freeway :yeehaw:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by zio

This time, I'm in for the whole week. I want to park as close to camp Tejas as possible.

Sounds like spots next to camp "Free Beer" I mean Tejas will be at a premium.  I hope there's still one available when I get there.  I want to park between the texas camp and the michigan camp.  :thumb:

I think I'll arrive Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Fe_Maiden, that'd be awesome.

Timr, I'm hoping to land between Tejas and Eddie, and have VD right across the way. I guarantee Tuesday night might snag you a spot next to the toilets. I figure the entrance to Cooperland, waiting for Tony to arrive, will look like the line to buy tickets to Star Wars 1.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Billy, we're taking the Suburban this time and pulling a trailer, It's a Chevy so we're safe from fires and ball joint dislocations.;) I'll stick the Mrs. with the YT, I'm sure she'd appreciate that.:) I've been talked into leaving Friday or earrrrrrrrly Saturday morning for an arrival by Saturday night. Straight through driving will be about 19 hours, give or take Billy's pee stops and popsicle attacks.;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Pipe down slick, I thought YOU were Mr. Luckey.:)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I just found out I'm not going to Italy after all!! This means I can go to the whole freakin' week of DW!!!!!! I want to fly, but am going to see if anyone can take my bike if I give you plenty-O-gas money.

I think Tony Eeds might let me borrow his kTm400 if I can't get my bike out.

Either way I'm coming to DW!!!! Whew, I was thinking I could only make it in on Friday/Saturday.

Milk, can you pick me up at the airport?? You were kinda gimp last year, so we used and abused your taxi services being the nice local Oklahoman that you are.....

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Natalie, I'm sure one of us will haul your bike. My pick up will only fit 3, but if I solo the trip, I'll have room for it.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Heya Z-I-n-g-O, last year we left super early Sat., stayed over in Needles, then drove to Albequerque(sp?, vd don't kill me) and got to DW at about 6pm on Mon.
When are you planning on leaving??

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
It took at least a year for me to figure out that Fe was the symbol for Iron. And it was only by Google that I figured out that Ronnie James Dio was from Black Sabbath. You're going to have to give me a few weeks to come up with another nickname. I'm just not that clever.

I plan on leaving as soon as you guys stop by my house! Actually, I have no plans yet. I'm good for whatever. I'd like to get there Monday, but really it doesn't matter to me. I'm trying to talk my bro into going with me. He's a good travel partner.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
And I've been in your shop, years ago. I fell in love with old Guzzi's that day. I'd love to have an old LeMans. But I'd settle for a new V11 Naked Sport Standard or a Scura.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Well, technically, it's not "my" shop, but thanks!
The is one old Guzzi there. It's a v-65 I think. The modern remake is the Jackel?
You can come by any day but Sunday and test ride any bike. They just demo'd a 749.
Are you planning on going to Laguna?
ps. I know this is off the subject of DW...

Top Bottom