darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I am happy to report that it IS true about ALL 2002 and older bikes getting a green sticker(able to ride year-round). Previously, 1997 or newer bikes could get either a red(partial-year), or a green(year-round) sticker depending on the VIN. If your bike is 2002 or older, and has the red sticker, you will receive a green sticker by mail to replace the red one. I was skeptical until I received a green sticker in the mail today. :yeehaw:
Finally California did something right!
Darrin

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Oh, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait... :laugh:

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Moving out that way by july. Guess i'll just have to deal with riding my 03 part of the year. What a stupid law anyway, what bunch of desk jockey's dreamed this thing up anyway?

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
Im wondering if this law applies to the '03 PW50 I just got my daughter?

Wonder what the chances are that this law will hold up.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Superchief, although they are giving out the red stickers, I have not heard of anyone not being able to ride yet. There hasn't been any real enforcement, but I hear it's coming...
More infinite wisdom from California lawmakers.
Darrin

muscle

Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Superchief
Moving out that way by july. Guess i'll just have to deal with riding my 03 part of the year. What a stupid law anyway, what bunch of desk jockey's dreamed this thing up anyway?

Are'nt the people who dreamed up the green sticker program over there the same ones who outlawed hunting mountain lions? Now in certain parts of the state the lions are everywhere. A public hazard.

These law makers are simply a bunch of yuppies in suits sitting behind a desk! They probably never go out into the woods or hunt or GOD FORBID, ride a dirt bike. :|

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
I think that's the biggest problem with the laws that are made for alot of things. to many overpaid desk jockey's that never participate in any sporting events or what have you are the guys dreaming all this crap up. who knows, maybe i'll get lucky (ya right) and they won't care that mines an 03. hmmmmm. guess i better not hold my breath, the results may not be to my liking.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Hey Superchief, at all of the places i've ridden the rangers have only been concerned about current registration, regardless of sticker color. They are very strict about using a spark arrestor. I HAVE seen people turned away for not having them. By the way, what part of the state are you moving to?
Darrin

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
sounds kinda reassuring, so much for the r-304 shorty silencer with the race end cap i just bought. moving to the bay area......not to far from san fransisco.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Yep, your'e gonna need a sparky. I live in San Lorenzo, about 20 miles form SF, in the East Bay. Better get a tire for hard pack. If you ride Carnegie, it's like marbles on asphalt. And rocky also. Hollister is a little better, with some actual real dirt to ride on!

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Moving to vallejo, so it's not that far from where you are. Yeah guess i'll have to make the investment in a tire. Planned on riding Carnagie, and just driving around to find any other places since i'm not real familiar with the area. Can you take the spark arrestor off and use the pro circuit silencer i bought at all or is it junk now? Can still Keep the pro circuit pipe on there right?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Yeah, Vallejo is about 40 minutes from me and about 1 1/2 hours away from Carnegie. As far as the pipe, you can use old beer cans for a pipe, they don't care. But you better have the spark arrestor on or The Man will come down on you! With the spark arrestor, you really don't lose that much power anyway. It also makes it easier to ride when you don't have to look over your shoulder! Also, you must comply with a sound check and be at 96db or lower. It sure is fun living in California!

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by darringer
Yeah, Vallejo is about 40 minutes from me and about 1 1/2 hours away from Carnegie. As far as the pipe, you can use old beer cans for a pipe, they don't care. But you better have the spark arrestor on or The Man will come down on you! With the spark arrestor, you really don't lose that much power anyway. It also makes it easier to ride when you don't have to look over your shoulder! Also, you must comply with a sound check and be at 96db or lower. It sure is fun living in California!

Ah yes, THE MAN, i know him well. Sound check????? i use to do those when i played with a band. oh wait, not that kind of sound check, oh well. old beer cans, not a bad idea. never can tell where you'll find a few extra horsepower. i begining to love the great state of california already..... think we should all have laws like that so everyone can have just as much recreational enjoyment. atleast they can't nab me on my hot-rod....it's a 68 and does'nt need to be smogged. i think 850hp will make up for not being able to run certain things on the bike. Regardless i'm looking forward to moving to where the weather is nice year round (except for rain). it should be a blast either way.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Superchief, when you move to California, pm me and we'll meet at Carnegie for a ride. It's always cool to find new riding buds! By the way, I have a 56 Chevy with a 454. A few extra ponies never hurt anyone.
Darrin

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
sounds like a plan, could always use a new riding buddy myself. Really don't know anyone out there except for my girlfriends family....but her brother rides too! we could all get together and take a ride. i always liked the car you have,mine is a 68 Pontiac Firebird with a 455 ( all throttle no bottle) runs 9sec or better in the quarter mile. just hurts at the pump ( especially when all i run it that one is race fuel). me and my buddies always say: " If it don't fit force it, too much is never enough and you can't beat cubic inches." we'll definetly get together and meet up at Carnegie. looking forward to it.

Mini_Thumper

~SPONSOR~
Dec 17, 2002
I couldn't help but respond to this thread! I live in the ummm "great" state of California . . . and the green sticker/red sticker stuff really sucks! It would figure too that they go and change it now . . . after my husband just bought an 03 WR450F. I'm hoping they mess up and send him a green sticker on accident! Most people are right, they just check to make sure you have current registration, and a legal spark arrestor. At some of the California parks they do sound checks, so be aware of that.

Carnegie is a fun place to ride, and we just explored Hollister Hills for the first time . . .that place was a blast for us!

Sarah

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hey SupeChief,
Look me up when you get to CA, i live about 45 minutes from Vallejo, i will be riding at Carnegie this summer.. If you ride MX, there is a privately run track that you can use the shorty at, check out ClubMoto.com The reaso for the sound check issue is that new houses are being built by our riding areas, so they want too keep the sound down.. Alsom Sears Point (or i think its now called Infineon Raceway) is real close too Vallejo, so you can run your car there.. Look me up,
Rick

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by rickyd
Hey SupeChief,
Look me up when you get to CA, i live about 45 minutes from Vallejo, i will be riding at Carnegie this summer.. If you ride MX, there is a privately run track that you can use the shorty at, check out ClubMoto.com The reaso for the sound check issue is that new houses are being built by our riding areas, so they want too keep the sound down.. Alsom Sears Point (or i think its now called Infineon Raceway) is real close too Vallejo, so you can run your car there.. Look me up,
Rick
when i visited in october of last year i rented a harley and took a tour of the california coast, napa, san fransisco, and all the way down to san jose. Wanted to get down to see West Coast Choppers but the weather got sour in San Jose so we did'nt make it. It was my girlfriends first time on a bike....but now she's hooked for some unknown reason. Get to do alot more now that i'll be there full time, although i did get to drive by infineon raceway. The Car won't be coming out right away, but i'm sure if i feel the need to race it i can find somewhere to do it. Alot of drag strips out that way, so i'm sure thy have friday night time trials, and other types of street car events. if there worried about noise from the shorty on the bike then they'll love 800 hp through 3" pipes and borla mufflers. " hey honey? why are the neighbors gathering infront of the house with pitchforks and torches?"

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
SUperChief,
Don't know if you know or not, but WestCoast Choppers is down in SoCal.. I have seen 2 of there bikes around though.. Arlen Ness has a shop up here, not sure where though..
Rick

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by rickyd
SUperChief,
Don't know if you know or not, but WestCoast Choppers is down in SoCal.. I have seen 2 of there bikes around though.. Arlen Ness has a shop up here, not sure where though..
Rick
Yep, it's in long beach california. Saw a couple of there bikes when i was out there cruising around. wish the weather did'nt turn bad in San Jose or we would of made it there. Arlen Ness huh? have to find that one. Alot of neat businesses in california, for anything and everything. Had a blast seeing the west coast and checking out some of those places when i was there.

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
i ride carniegie alot espechally lately, the track is sick for being free unlike Hangtown at Prarie City :( and the trails are sick and very vertical ;) in some places, anyway if you guys ever meet up there and ride be shure to tell me cuz ill go :)

Top Bottom