yami426ff

Jun 4, 2001
We are in the US looking to buy 2 honda 2002 Cr 250's from Canada. Is ther any difference between US bikes and Canadian bikes? Also, What is the best Canadian dollar price can you guys find for me.. Thanks!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Ray

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
No offence, but..

Let me get this straight. You want us to do your legwork for you, and the price busting, so that two more of our bikes can be shipped across the border where too many of them go already.

Canada barely gets enough bikes for the demand, without being sold outside the country.:mad:

If you're going to buy a bike at least do the legwork, Ray.:aj:

LRice85

Nov 1, 2001
I'm sure no offence was taken...

Ray and I are the two guys buying the bike in Canada. We both live in the US. I don't understand the tone of the reply from the Canadian DRN'er.

I actually did all the leg work and got a firm price of $6599 Canadian! But you could go to the same shop and buy the same bike for the same price. Are you saying that there are no 2002 Honda CR250's to be found for Canadian residents? This bike has been out since September 2001 and every shiop I called had two bikes they were willing to sell. I don't think I'm getting a better price because I am a US resdient.

Now you could make the point that because people from the US are buying the Canadian bikes that we are jacking up the demand. And if supply remains constant and demand is increased... the price will increase. However, I was always told that the amount of bikes a dealer can order is proportional to the number of bikes is sold the prior year. So as demand goes up (due to the US buyers) so will supply! Price will remain constant.

On the other hand. We are not buying bikes from the US dealers. Demand is going down in the US because of this. Dealers in the US get less bikes becuase they sell less. These bike are more than likley going to Canada!

I don't know just a theory. It's not like there are hundreds of excessive CR's sitting in US dealers.

It's all about the money though. I'm paying $4150 US dollars for one hell of a bike! I'm on a budget. I'm not paying $1500 more than I have to.

Barrup Barrrrruuup
Larry

yami426ff

Jun 4, 2001
leg work

Thanks for the friendly help Cam.. are you Al Quida employed also... Like LRICE85 said. with us buying canadian bikes, you guys will have more supply next year....

Plus, I don't know about you, But I can only ride on bike at a time.. How many do you need?

Save your snarels for the track. I don't need them. People use internet for a resource tool. you and myself are the resources needed for it to work. When you send negative reply's and your buddy . "well said cam" backs you up, it just pisses people off. (i.e. keep it to yourself)

So if you get a chance, go buy a new bike an help you own economy instead of complaining about me doing YOUR leg work!!!:silly:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
$6599 canadian is a good price, that's around $4000-$4400 american. Around here new CR250Rs are around $7999, maybe less depending on demand. Lots of people come up across the border here to buy bikes, Americans can save a lot of money.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Around here cr's (250's) are selling for $7800(cdn). Not to many are sold around here since the Rm's and Kx's are $1000 cheaper.

Matt

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Actually, I kind of miss the days where the demand was higher than the supply...it meant I could always find a sale for a good used bike and get a good price ;) ...unlike today :mad: .

Last edited:

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
if there is anyone looking for a cr or rm from minn. or north dakota etc. check out birchwood motor sports @ www.gearbox.ca talk to trevor, or winnipeg yamaha. winnipeg is about an hour or so from the border.

derekb_55

Feb 8, 2001
Sorry Yami, didn't mean to piss anyone off. I just thought that Cam Mitchell brings up a good point. The Canadian population is only like 10% of the US's so it only makes sense that the amount of bikes being shipped to Canada will be less.

If I lived in the US I would buy Canadian to save money too. Unless maybe you wanted to support your own countries economy? Nah save money.:)

yami426ff

Jun 4, 2001
You didn't p me off. I was just saying negative comments don't do anybody any good. I'm just looking for a deal so i can yet on a bike and ride.. If it wasn't for great forums like DRN letting us communicate across the world the bigger business have an esier time charging us out the wazoo.b I think it helps everyone stay in check... Here in Pittsburgh, we were nice enough to lend you Lemuix for the olympics...lol.. I just want so MX advice.

;)

derekb_55

Feb 8, 2001
I've never bought a bike from this place but parts and clothing are way cheaper than anywhere else I've shopped. Probably worth a phone call.

Machine Racing
1-888-MX-MACHINE

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom