Can handguards be bolted directly to triple clamps on a KTM?

buckeyebilly

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2003
I have recently purchased a new 2005 KTM 450 EXC and so far am enjoying it. However, the hydraulic cables (clutch and front brake), as well as, the oversized bar are making it difficult to find bar clamps that work to my satisfaction. In the past, I have been able to bolt handguards directly to the triple clamps on my "Japanese" bikes, but the KTM triple clamp bolts are at a 45 degree angle pointing backwards? :bang: Is there any aftermarket company that sells triple clamps in the more common position or can't you do this setup on a KTM? Any suggestions or advice appreciated! :cool:

Rick H

Nov 6, 2000
Hard gard mounts

E-Rider (www.erider.ws) sells both a top clamp that your handgards mount to and they just came up with a new unit that bolts to your existing top clamp. I've had them on my bikes for several years.

buckeyebilly

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2003
Thanks!

Thanks for the links. Of the two I like the look of the Emig Racing one best. I am assuming that is Jeff Emig's company? I never knew he had a company? At any rate, I also found out that SCOTTS makes a nice triple clamp for KTMs that have the pinch bolts in the conventional direction making bolting guards to triple clamp possible. Thanks again! :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I do know that Summers Racing Components was working on a set of handguards that bolts to the oem clamps. Not sure if they ever got one together or not.

Top Bottom