Can I get 3 bikes in a pickup truck?

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Hi folks, Always used a trailer for bikes but will be moving to a 2nd hand pickup truck this year.

Can I get three bikes in a pickup bed, two full size and one probably an XR 100?

Thinking of an extended cab F150 or extended GM truck but open to suggestions. I really like the four door Dakotas but although will fit length-wise, looks too tight for three.

Any ideas? suggestions? pov's?

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
In a full size you should have no problem getting three bikes in. Just run two in forward and turn the middle one backwards. Thats only if you stay away from the stepside(narrow) style bed. My riding buddies and I have been able to get two bikes and a three wheeler in the back of a fullsize short box.

Steve

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I got a two 125s and a 426 into my S-10 short bed (5'x6' box).... all facing forward. Put a tool box up against the front of the bed in the middle. Then put the middle bike against the toolbox so it was offset from the bikes on the side that were fully against the bed. Kept the tailgate down and put a tie down through the rear wheels and hooked to the bed hooks in the back. Used the front tie downs for all three bikes hooked to the bars.

Then three of us crammed in the S-10 extended cab and my boyfriend broke his collarbone that day. The 3 hour trip home was a long one...

Top Bottom