Can not get bike on stand...

eats_dirt

Feb 23, 2008
i cant get my bike on the stand. it sucks. i crashed on my old 250f and i had to wait for the flagger to come and help me. and then my boyfriend came, so i was OK.

this other time i crashed on my 150f and coudnt get it up (have you determined how graceful i am by now???) and i could barely pick it up.

this other time...lol, jk

i really really cannot get amy bike on the stand, except for my pitters!

May 10, 2007
yz80nbeast said:
hit the gym im 16 and when i was 15 i was carrying my yz80 up the stairs of my balcony.

why am i doubting this??

yea now my lifting stand thingy is even more useful because even though i have a kickstand i still like to store it on the stand and without it the KTM has no where to hold onto it. and my FMF stand still works fine.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
flyingfuzzball said:
why am i doubting this??

yea now my lifting stand thingy is even more useful because even though i have a kickstand i still like to store it on the stand and without it the KTM has no where to hold onto it. and my FMF stand still works fine.
Even tho you ride a pumpkin ;) you seem pretty smart seeing through that :blah:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe you could take lessons from Scott Summers. Sure his XR600 was quite a bit heavier than the average bike of today but that should....uh make it easier. :)

Attachments

• summers.jpg
    summers.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 644

flying flea

Mar 18, 2008
thats what i love about my kawasaki, hold holds under a gripper seat= no broken back. me and my dad just made our own stand.

kiwijohn

Dec 22, 2004
Anyone seen Stefan Everts get his bike up?

Rides up to it, unweights one peg - front brake endo to the point the frame is higher than the box, then drops the bike onto the top platform as he steps off.... very graceful!! and no weightlifting.

Mind you.... he's not human so you have to take that into consideration :)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I like how RC handles it..

He would get off the bike, walk over to the podium and do interviews while Goose put his bike on the stand.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
^^^ I would imagine getting ANY bike up on a stand is next to impossible when you don't have legs.

CapriRS

Mar 13, 2006
IndyMX said:
Dirtbike chicks rock...

I'm with you there man, dirtbike chicks and girl technicians are awesome, I only wish we had more around here! Kind of a rare breed up here I think, it seems that as far as the cute ones go we have mostly beach and mall chicks, who graduate into bar stars and vanity queens. lol

robertmoto10

Dec 27, 2009
Patman said:
Maybe you could take lessons from Scott Summers. Sure his XR600 was quite a bit heavier than the average bike of today but that should....uh make it easier. :)
woooooow is he really doing that

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
robertmoto10 said:
woooooow is he really doing that
Uh yes. He actually could press it overhead as well. A lot to be said for being fit vs. buying the latest & greatest technology.

Cj250

Nov 26, 2021
I have a Honda crf125 and a plastic fold out stand and I consider myself though not that weak and I still have trouble getting it on the stand I try and use my hips as a leverage but it works 50/50 of the time. What should I do???

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Roll the bike towards the stand at a faster than normal pace and quickly stab the front brake. The fork will dive a bit lightening up the rear end. Once you get the timing right you can put even a heavy bike up on a tall 30 gallon fuel drum using that method.

We used to do that trick in the pits at Sante Fe Speedway to make other riders think our bike was so light it must be all titanium.

Top Bottom