Can you make a 2-stroke street legal?

dpawl

Mar 3, 2004
I have a 1974 Yamaha DT360A and it will be fully lit up very soon. Now, I do not have a title for this bike. What exactly would I need to get something like this registered?

dpawl

Mar 3, 2004
"I've heard that quads are street legal in Europe????????"

Not sure, but I did read about a guy in Cali that changed his raptor into a 3 wheeler- in reverse. The single wheel was in the back, custom made rear swingarm. He rides it daily to work, wierd.

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
Quads are street legal in Wyoming. All you need to make a bike streetable is a headlight, brake light, hand-powered horn, and mirrors. Can get a set for $100.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Someone up here tried the quad thing, but as it's not considered a motorcycle it was required to have seatbelts :ohmy: :laugh:

My EC250 is now fully street legal. Michelin trials tire on the back and it's an absolute blast! Still feel very subconscious though, like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. :cool:

ps. GasGas ECs have all the wiring and switches, brake switches, etc in place from the factory. Just plug in the blinkers and go.

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
Here's how I made my ATK street legal in Pa.. I have a 2000 ATK 250 for racing, and a 2001 for comuting.
First the title can't say ORV in the box, it has to say MC. My cert. of orgin said, "Enduro" so I could title it as a motorcycle. Went to a tag service and got the legal paper work done. It is now titled in Pa. as a Motorcycle. You can get a, "reconstucted title" or a Modified" title, but it takes paper work and someone who knows what you need, (on line helps). Went on line and got a copy of the inspectio reg so I could make it pppppeeeerrrect, didn't want to go through all this and have it bonk over something stupid.
My stator has 100 watt capitabilty, (You need a mim. of 80 watts), most off road bikes are @40 watts, keep that in mind!
I went to the bike bone yard, stripped a Honda street/trail something of all the dual sport kit, ($100), (head lamp, dash, (no speedo), horn, switch
Got the turn signal lamps and tires on line, both mirrors, (my master cylinder mount has one hole, the other I cut down a bark buster mount, drilled and tapped the hole. ($100).
A nice bicycle computer for $45.00
wired each thing in turn, making a wiring diagram, put fuses at power lead.
Pretty easy over all.
Put my drill battery in the air box for inspection, (so all the lights would work without it running, makes it easier to test)
got the inspection sticker, unhooked the battery, so now the bike starts for the lights to work, had to puit a 9 volt battery for the horn, (needs DC power).
Actually it boring runnin' on road with a off road bike! It goes fro 0 to 45 in like 3 seconds, can do 65 but likes to cruise @45 with the off road gearing.
total cost was @ $ 300 including the wire, wire wrap, shrink tubes,connectors etc. Make it look neat, and the inspector will go easier on it.
Joe :yeehaw:

cr500mad

Dec 2, 2004
Street Legal CR500 (CRE500)

I've got a 2001 Australian Model CRE500 that is street registered in California. I bought this recently from the original owner who had the bike imported. If you think a CR500 is fast in the dirt, try one on the street where the rear wheel is hard to spin and instead you just launch forward. I'd consider selling the bike if the price is right ($7500 or so?). This bike is virtually brand new (approx. 20 miles on it), and has never seen the dirt. California plates are good til November 2005.

Top Bottom