LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Looks like we might be adding another funny-looking bike to our stalls.  :confused:

A guy in our local club is moving out to Colorado for the ski season.  Called us last night, and asked if we wanted to buy his 2001 Gas Gas 280.   He's leaving in a couple weeks and needs to sell it fast.

Hmmm.... not exactly the bike I was looking for, for myself.   "Ask him how much he wants for it..." I said to Dave.   "What does it need?"  we ask as well.  (This guy is an A-level HS rider, and known to be pretty hard on his bikes!)

Well, we talked it over, and Dave's going to call him back and let him know we want to buy it.  I wasn't planning on buying anything right now, especially a bike, but the price is too good to pass up.  Even if we had to put $500 into the bike for some reason, we'd still be money ahead.  And if I find something I like better after that, I'm sure we could sell or swap the 280.

All this, because Dave's gotten hooked on trials.  He says trials is like crack-- and he's not sharing the pipe!  I told him "You're not sharing the BIKE, either!"  We got that Beta earlier this spring and I've had maybe an hour or two total time on it, and that's only because I get a few minutes here and there after he gets tired.   He's been HOUNDING me that we should get another bike so I can go ride trials events with him.  Looks like we have our chance.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds great, Nikki.  I am wanting to get into that as well.  I have some perfect terrain on my property to train on.  Good luck.  IF you get it, and bring it to DW03, I would like a ride on the 280 or the BETA.  I rode Patman's 'tessa last year and wish I had had the nerve to really due something other than flat land riding thru the campsites (BTW that was a blast).

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Nikki?  Nope, try again.  (*Hint* My name is in my Avatar! :confused:  )

You're more than welcome to test ride either of our bikes at DirtWeek, that is if you can knock Dave off that Beta for more than a few minutes!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ah, I remember it like it was just yesterday....
"Hey Lori why don't you take my Monty out, it's addictive."
"Weeeelll.... maybe."
(Mr. LoriKTM aka Dave has this wild look in his eyes)
"How about you Da..."
The hook was set.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Yep, all your fault, Patman!  Table for *two*, please,  at Patman's Trials & Tribulations during DirtWeek!

Dave STILL likes the Montessas-- considers that his "dream" trials bike. 

The guy is dropping off the GasGas tonight.  Now we have to find room for yet ANOTHER bike in our DirtWeek rig.  (This will make #5, including Papakeith's 500! :eek:  )

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom