Can't seem to jet out a rich condition - help!

2000FLSTF

May 20, 2003
Bike: '99 RM250, Pro Circiut Platinum pipe, Boysen Power reeds.
Stock Jets: 158main, 45 slow, clip on 3rd position.
Current setup: 150 main, 42 slow, clip on 2nd from the top.

History: Got bike used about a year ago and have yet to solve the rich condition. I've tried a new top end(needed it anyway), new reeds and various jets. It does seem to smoke too much and I'm not sure if it's all jetting or I have a right side seal leak....I can't really distinguish the color of the smoke.

Is it unsual to have to go down this many main jet sizes to get it to lean out?....any suggestions?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
is it running rich, or spooging oil???? pump fuels are often spoogy.

also, check the floats and the float needle, maybe drop the float level to lean it a tad. 1mm increments

2000FLSTF

May 20, 2003
bclapham said:
is it running rich, or spooging oil???? pump fuels are often spoogy.

also, check the floats and the float needle, maybe drop the float level to lean it a tad. 1mm increments

It's doing both. Plug is pretty dark and slightly wet and it's also spooging a bit out of the pipe.

The one thing I haven't changed is the float level. I've looked at it and tried to measure it, but with my particular float needle, which has a springy pin on top, it's hard to know when it actually seats. I guess I can do that next. I'm just tired of taking off this freaking carburetor!!

Thanks

Top Bottom