dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
i got my new pistion and ring and clutch done now my carb is being gay gas is coming out the over flow tube...idk why or how and the bike still bulging and smoking and idk how to jet it... there onlything i now what to do is turn the air screw lol :bang: but if theres any screws to adjust under the float..or anything then let me know

Beuford

Feb 23, 2008
I dont think i want to know why or how you know your carb is gay,,,,But, you will never be able to jet it with the over fill tubes flowing.
Check to see if the float valve is sealing off in the float bowl, then check the float height and finally if you have independant floats on that bike then make sure they are going under the float arm upon re-assembly.

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
Beuford said:
I dont think i want to know why or how you know your carb is gay,,,,But, you will never be able to jet it with the over fill tubes flowing.
Check to see if the float valve is sealing off in the float bowl, then check the float height and finally if you have independant floats on that bike then make sure they are going under the float arm upon re-assembly.
it has never done this before intill i laid it down...and the floats are not independent ever thing looks fine it maked no since

Beuford

Feb 23, 2008
Maybe the floats got knocked out of adjustment when you laid it down,but that is slim.
Also the level may be too high to start with and the carb is not level as before it was ,when the top end was done?
The high level of gas causing it to over flow will give you the richness you are having.
Check those floats good and the float height.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
maybe you have the lines hooked up to the carb wrong? Happened to me before on my XR100. Ran horrible for about 20 seconds, then stopped and spilled gas all over.

Check to see the float valve is installed correctly as well. (or even installed at all)

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
Beuford said:
Maybe the floats got knocked out of adjustment when you laid it down,but that is slim.
Also the level may be too high to start with and the carb is not level as before it was ,when the top end was done?
The high level of gas causing it to over flow will give you the richness you are having.
Check those floats good and the float height.
how do u check the float height? i know they move up and down pretty easy...but i never know u can adjust it?

Top Bottom