myflyby

Oct 20, 2004
Got done with a top end today on my 98 KTM 250, and I had pulled the carb and checked the reeds. I did also split the carb and checked the floats and what not and everything looked and seemed to work just like it should. When I put it back all back together and got ready for the break in, I turned the fuel on and it trained straight out of the drain tubes coming from the carb. Float stuck? Took the carb back out and it didn't seem stuck at all. No clue why it's not doing it's job. As soon as the bowl fills up, the fuel flow seems to keep on going and right out the drain tubes.
Any ideas? Please help

myflyby

Oct 20, 2004
I didn't replace any parts, but I guess the float needle isn't sealing for whatever reason. I was carefull but somethings gotta be missing.

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Might be silly sounding, but almost everytime I clean a carb it does that. I just tap on the bowl a tiny bit then from then on out it is fine. Might be worth a try. Someone told me it can bind a tiny bit when it is mostly try in there. Dunno, could be crap, but tapping has always worked for me. PRoviding you have all the parts where they are supposed to be and whatnot..
Bleeds

Top Bottom