CBS supercross coverage

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
What gives with CBS? There coverage isnt that good to begin with, they skip half the races and then have the audio all messed up so you cant hear the commentary. Now it seems like they are dropping the racing coverage as they stated they would earlier in the year?!!

Am I wrong or is this the situation?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, I seriously wish the had a "SAP" broadcast different commentators.

Otherwise, CBS broadcasts are a joke.

They care more about showing the "Party" of Supercross than the racing.

Where did you hear that they were dropping the racing coverage though?

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Well they planned on covering a large majority of the races earlier in the year, but on several races they didnt air anything. Including this weekend.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
According to Supercrossonline.com & my ATT U-Verse guide, the 450s are on at 12 noon today on CBS.

I guess you thought they were going to air them live, which I don't believe was their plan.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
IndyMX said:
the 450s are on at 12 noon today on CBS.
(^^^Eastern time^^^)... Sunday the 14th

"Lites" are this evening on Speed Channel

Go Dungey!
Go Canard!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The same listing I have, 11am CST. 2 hours from now, Yeeeehaw! Waiting till this evening to see the lites, bummer. Vintage Bob

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
oldguy said:
I have yet to see them drop any scheduled race this season so far
Some local markets may drop the coverage, happens here all the time. Seems underwater basketweaving is more important!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
slickpuss said:
What gives with CBS? they skip half the races Now it seems like they are dropping the racing coverage as they stated they would earlier in the year?!!
Am I wrong or is this the situation?

CBS is only doing some of the races and Speed channel is doing the rest. If you can't find it on CBS, check on Speed.

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
all that other stuff aside....First I noticed the pink boots, then saw the Langston cancer story, and the pink duds...

and was thinking how great all that pink looked on the track... then the cbs doh moment- oh, it's cancer awareness. lol.

Go Pink.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
slickpuss said:
Well they planned on covering a large majority of the races earlier in the year, but on several races they didnt air anything. Including this weekend.

They haven't missed or canceled a broadcast yet, sounds like your beef is with your local affiliate choosing to air something else and not with CBS.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Last years cancer awareness race was a complete flop. This years coverage was top notch. Even Sheheens' stupid remarks did not over shadow it, he tried. The shots of Bevo and his pink angel wings, I don't know about that? I could have seen fuzzy pink goggles, but, whats in his closet? 30 minutes to the lites race on speed! Vintage Bob

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
When my local CBS affiliate decided to air the 700 Club instead of of the San Francisco race, I remembered that Speed usually replays the CBS covered races, eventually.

I think I found them at at 3:30 & 4:30 AM Friday night/Saturday morning, but I eventually got to see that really great race! :nod: (Thanks to my DVR! :cool: )

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…