Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
I WILL NOT GIVE ANY NAMES OR FINISHING ORDER!
:yell: Why are they letting CBS show supercross? I stayed up till 1:30am to watch the race,luckly the race was great. Where was it at noon today? The coverage really sucked. They show the whole first heat cause of Stewart(cant stand him,but he is a great rider) and then give highlites of the second heat. The LCQ thew just showed the results. During the race they show the holeshot a couple of times in the middle of good racing. They are scrolling through the running order and its wrong because they are showing the two racers on the screen. It was amazing to see this cause most of the time they are showing #7,if not at least talking about him. The only comentator worth a crap is when Ricky is with them. I dont care that some chic from a TV show that I dont watch is there. Dont think she did either, She said it was her first time at a motorcycle race. The worst part is I didnt get to hear from the guy that finished Third. I wish all the races would go back to speed channel, or even ESPN. :pissed:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I too couldn't find it at noon, and didn't know that it was on after midnight. This years coverage really does suck, but at least the names are usually right. Last year there was at least one rider in the top three that was called by the wrong name in every race. I personally think that Speed or Vs would do the best job of covering the races, if they were allowed. Side note, at noon, I was subjected to a 700 club telethon which just happened to be on ABCFam as well. No, I did not watch it, but kept switching back hoping it would be over.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
At least some of you got to see it! In my area, Two weeks in a row, They have aired a two star movie that no one has heard of last week and this week they show an hour of infomercials insted of the race!!!!!!!!!!! WTF
Yes I hate CBS. I'm not waiting around anymore for the race NOT to be on. I don't care if they show the rest of the season I ain't watchin'

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It was on at Noon here... I watched. I didn't like so much that they kept showing the holeshot, but they do have sponsors to cover. Let's face it folks, this is the price we have to pay to get the kind of media coverage needed to get our sport on TV. Remember when the big bikes were on a week delay? Remember when you got Daytona and pretty much nothing else?

Yeah, Ralph Shaheen is quite possibly the worst broadcaster in sports, and Jeff Emig, if you didn't already know, you'd think he was new to the sport too.

Great race though.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
IndyYZ85 said:
It was on at Noon here... I watched. I didn't like so much that they kept showing the holeshot, but they do have sponsors to cover. Let's face it folks, this is the price we have to pay to get the kind of media coverage needed to get our sport on TV. Remember when the big bikes were on a week delay? Remember when you got Daytona and pretty much nothing else?

Yeah, Ralph Shaheen is quite possibly the worst broadcaster in sports, and Jeff Emig, if you didn't already know, you'd think he was new to the sport too.

Great race though.

it came on at noon here also. i agree that CBS doesnt have the best coverage in the world, but we cant do that much. i believe its coming on again next week on CBS. i believe the reason they kept showing Bubba was because they expected him to extend his win streak to 4.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
XRpredator said:
it was on time for me. I DVR'ed it

I did for Phoenix but got Bob Villa instead... The 1:30am crap is totally BS. I thought it was only the kansas city affiliate that was doing this, but I guess it is more wide spread...

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
As long as it shows some racing, commentary and leader board count me in. Don't really care for what I'm watching as long as I can see who's leading, hear about the sport and the play-by-play.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
As much as it sucks how they edit it CBS is making inroads that SPEED doesn't. Today I had 2 guys at work come up to me to talk about the race and thier first question was "Is that what your son does?". They had never seen a MX or SX before and I think 1 of them is interested enough now to come out to a live race this summer.
Maybe someday we will become a sport as popular as A Spelling Bee and the networks will do a more thorough coverage each race

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If it didn't broadcast on time where you live, blame the local station, not CBS. It's their call what they air and when.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Okiewan said:
If it didn't broadcast on time where you live, blame the local station, not CBS. It's their call what they air and when.
Right, This thread should be titled "Anyone else hate their local CBS station".

Racesmith

Nov 15, 2006
Email has been sent to Channel 46 in Atlanta. Waiting for standard corporate response stating that they are unable to do anything about it. :yell:

Racesmith

Nov 15, 2006
Here what Channel 46 said in their response:

Thank you for contacting CBS 46. We did not air the Supercross special this past weekend, but we do have plans to air the specials for the remainder of this quarter and throughout the summer. We do understand the importance of these specials to viewers in the Atlanta area.

Good news for Atlanta viewers... :cool:

Motoracer13

Dec 31, 2006
Oldguy thanks for making a point I didnt think about where the guys at work asked about your son.
Racesmith you to are right about it being a "local issue" to some degree.
My hate is just the way they are handling it alltogether. I watched it again last night and kept track of the time and about half the hour long show was about or showing #7. I also realized they didnt show anyone else at all but he top three during the main, but thats even understandable because of how good those three were racing. I also realized how stupid and out of it Emig is when he said the riders were getting 50-60 foot in the air off of a 65 foot long triple, maybe Im wrong but i would guess about 30 feet, maybe 40 at the most. He must have been high on weed again! I think he's a jacka$$, and they need a better rolemodal annoucer.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Racesmith said:
Here what Channel 46 said in their response:

Thank you for contacting CBS 46. We did not air the Supercross special this past weekend, but we do have plans to air the specials for the remainder of this quarter and throughout the summer. We do understand the importance of these specials to viewers in the Atlanta area.

Good news for Atlanta viewers... :cool:
Unfortunately written by some clerk who doesn't have a clue these are not specials they are a scheduled race and what SX are they airing during the summer? Maybe the San Fran SX :bang: ?

john221ex

May 1, 2006
TV stations

So you all know how it works...
The local station, even if owned by the network (an O&O, they're called) has the total control over what they air. Some choose to sell the time, as they can make more money from some infomercial at times than by taking the network fee and selling the open commercial spots themselves. They are just lazy, to some degree.
The only answer is to let them know you are unhappy that they ran a Ginsu knives infomercial, will not be buying any, and you are going to watch by cable or satellite next time. And by the way, you aren't watching their "terrific, live, local, late-breaking, eyewitless" news any longer.
Econonmics.
That's the one thing to which they will pay attention. Which means you should also contact the advertisers on the show (should you know them) and let them know the ads for which they are paying are not airing in your market.
That will certainly light a fire if there are some calls about that.

John

Top Bottom