92kdx250

Jul 9, 2005
I have a KDX 250 '92 with a bad cdi box where can I get a new one cheap. And do you know if you can get a generic one. Mine has a Mitsubisi emblem on it and a number of F8T15372 as well as a 1Y06 and 1311. Six wires white with red tracer white with green tracer two black with a white tracer a solid blue black with a yellow tracer(this is the ground) and a black with a white tracer. Any help would be great. They want 225 bucks for a new oem.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
There is not an aftermarket market for CDIs (not kaw anyway) that I know of. Buying one used is an option, but you won't know if it works until you bolt it on your bike.

You might try the 'For Sale/wanted' forum on this board.

Some have dug the potting out of the box and repaired them. The most common failure is the SCR. No. I don't know what SCR your CDI uses. Repairing a CDI isn't something you will likely accomplish with average mechanical knowledge and common hand tools.

Good luck!

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
I thought I had a blown CDI as well some time ago. The cheap solution for me was buying an HTCDI from Electrex. You won't find them in any store in the US but the shop in England will ship out to you. I have two of them. One I have used off and on and the other is a spare. They are under $100 and replace your cdi and your spark coil. So mounting is easy by placing at the spark coil location.
This cdi can be used on any kdx out there. There is less wiring so install is simple.
http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/
mx/enduro
kawi
coil- htcdi

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Just wondering how you knew that you had a blown CDI? just that i am curious about mine and would like to find out the right way to test it

Top Bottom