Satch0922

Aug 30, 2003
Well I lube my chain before, during and after I ride. I use Silkolene Synthetic....VERY clean and works.
43-0274lg.jpg

FloGreen245

Jul 25, 2006
Its all about Motul off-road formula. That stuff is light-green colored, doesnt fling, and smells good (dont smell it too much though). Ive been usin it for about... 2-3 years

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Satch0922 said:
Well I lube my chain before, during and after I ride. I use Silkolene Synthetic....VERY clean and works.

I do the same, but I am cheap and go with gear oil 80/90 weight after every moto. The honda manual actual recommends it too. No o-ring chain or enduro riding here, that would make a difference. I like to clean the chain with some WD and high pressure water, and when it is dry I spray it with some white lithium grease ( in the spray can from any auto parts store) when it is dry. I used to use Maxima and all the assorted chain lubes, and notice no difference in how long my chain/sprockets last. You will probably get alot of assorted , conflicting replies on this. Try the wax, lube, oil, etc. and see what you think. It is better to over apply than under and that is why I go the cheap route.

Top Bottom