kingsxjt

Dec 7, 2003
Just got my new X-ring chain from Rocky Mtn. I've got a 13T countershaft sprocket and decided to check it for rubbing the crankase before cleaning and installing it. The chain has side to side movement at which point it will come in contact with my tranny case. I'm concerned about this and so I searched the 220 parts diagrams to see if ther were any differences in parts because the 220 comes stock with an O-ring chain. There are no part differences that I can see. I know alot of you guys are running O-ring chains and I can't really find a thread about rubbing chains for our bikes, so I'd like some input. Is there a narrower (Than a Primary Drive X-Ring) O-ring chain I can buy or a non-Oring chain that resists stretching more than the stocker. I'm considering chucking the whole O-ring chain thing and going stock with a high quality chain. Thanks in advance! :cool:

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
I noticed that as well. I went down to a 12 tooth front sprocket with the o-ring chain. Apparently the chain stays well centered because I haven't noticed any wear on the case even though it would easily rub the case if it drifted off center. It downright amazes me that it doesn't rub the case with barely enough clearance to slide a piece of paper between the chain and case!!! I'll bet you'll have the same experience. Try running the chain for 20-30 minutes, then check the case for wear. If you don't see any (and I'll bet you don't), ride another hour. Check it again. Ride 5 hours. Check it again. I doubt you'll have any problems.

Anyone else notice this??? CC, are you out there???

Top Bottom