ncskier

Mar 25, 2004
I am currently searching for a bike. My question is what major changes have been made since '96? I'm pretty sure I don't want one older than that. Also, if anyone knows of an inexpensive bike in NC please let me know. I am not very concerned with condition for I will probably be rebuilding it from the frame up. Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to joining your community.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I got mine off eBay. 1999 KDX220 for $2000 14 months ago. Some corporate exec and his old college chums bought them each one, rode 5 days in Colorado every fall for 3 years then missed a year, then two. He sold his after not kicking over for two years and only riding it 15 days. I drove down to pick it up but forwardair.com will ship to many places for about $400 or less.
There isn't enough difference in the bikes from 1995 to present except for the 220cc version that started in '97.
Let us know how you end up and good luck!~
Jerry

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I seen that today.... pretty extensive but not very definitive. I was looking for shroud changes I think... because one graphics company has graphics and seat cover I want but it say 97-03? I mean WTF? I thought they were all the same. I would hate to buy it and find out it won't work. Good work though Jason!

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Well... part numbers are different for the shrouds only. I can't tell the difference by the drawing. I would have to have both in my hands or someone from N-Style tell me the difference. Or.... :) someone here could tell me who know? HERE is what I'm talking about....

Well... I just emailed Brenda at N-Style... I'll let ya know what she has to say....

Last edited:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Well... Brenda at N-Style was no help at all She said "no its only for a 97-03 model bike nothing for a 95 kdx". Jeff at MXSouth agreed with me that there were no changes to the plastics but couldn't guarantee that the graphics would work. I ordered em anyway. Fix PERFECT! Told Brenda to look for a new job because she was full of it, and let Jeff know that if someone asks that the graphics will work just fine! I have a pic but can't figure out how to post the damn thing! Oh...here it is...

Attachments

• KDXsm.jpg
    KDXsm.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 75

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom