Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Whew, you need to get out more man. Tell you what, go to the bar, slam some brews and have a good time...

Dec 19, 2004
MWEISSEN said:
"...Guys,
As we had to do before, I'd suggest you "ignore" TheBottomLine, you only stir up his pointless retoric by replying....."

Hey, it worked for your last leader and certainly your (our?) representative to the advisory board; who couldn't even field a quorum for the public's long delayed meeting.(when a guy argues for literally years that his contact information 'is' actually displayed on the DNR website and nobody is 'allowed' to argue otherwise....maybe 'ignoring' actually works!).

Gosh, Weissen; between your calls to ignore all my talk of the $4 million you guys want to spend without question (is there anybody up here who has the stones to even so much as discuss this?)....and Mike's insistence that forming/implimenting Michigan orv policy behind closed doors is an "ugly reality"...I'm thinking that either one of you could easily fill Bill's shoes....and hit the ground running!

It's just the discussion of simple facts, guys...you either hide from them or you stand up like a man while extending that hand out in the spirit of acting like somebody your kid could be proud of.(if he or she can't even face the simple facts of everyday life any better than Weissen asks you to do....how have you prepared THEM for the same kind of orv legacy building that you all claim to be so intimately involved in?).

Dec 19, 2004
Tom Dixon said:
Whew, you need to get out more man. Tell you what, go to the bar, slam some brews and have a good time...

I'd like to; yet I'm awfully busy setting an example for your kid as to the importance of 'also' discussing issues beyond who's going to bring the weenies to that next trail ride. You guys let one man do your talking/work for years; while many of you simply sent in your dues or volunteered at the next 'event'....
'Now'...you are put in the position of scrambling to fill shoes you most likely can't fit into...for no other reason than the simple precedence your events/social life took while one man was doing what '10' should have been splitting up/learning.

We all love to have fun; yet when you VOLUNTARILY settle for the kind of organization my last atv club wanted to be...."we don't want anything to do with orv politics;we just want this to be a kind of 'social' club"....you gloss over a lot of the pretty darn fine people willing to act like (basically) the good man you just lost.

Think about it. :clue:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Mr. TheBottomLine,

My name is Mark Weissenborn, ada mweissen or motoweissen, care to share yours? We all know each other on this site by name, where we live, what we ride, etc. Care to share your information with us? It looks like you want to stick around, so it would be good to know who we are dealing with.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
"...requested that ORV trails be widened to accommodate modern vehicles for safety purposes..."

Gee I just don't understand why the CCC leadership is not on board...

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
bbarel said:
"...requested that ORV trails be widened to accommodate modern vehicles for safety purposes..."

Gee I just don't understand why the CCC leadership is not on board...

My "Modern" 2004 CRF250X fits down all the trails just fine :cool:

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Gentlemen, I believe that TBL's post have been hidden because he posted on this thread right after mine but I don't see it. Oh well, it's for the better!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
Mr. TheBottomLine,

My name is Mark Weissenborn, ada mweissen or motoweissen, care to share yours? We all know each other on this site by name, where we live, what we ride, etc. Care to share your information with us? It looks like you want to stick around, so it would be good to know who we are dealing with.

I dont know why on earth one of us didnt ask that in the first place Mark!!!!!! I guess most of us TOTALLY missed the big question/answer of "who is the person behind the negativity" BEFORE we even began our rebuttals.. TBL, Mark has presented you with a golden opportunity to join us at the possible beginning of something good! How bout it - wanna play fair and see if we can somehow turn this around???
I cant read those "PDF" files Jeremy.. What was that software that I need to download to do that - I forgot what its called - dahhhhhhhhhh!!! Lost again...... :nod:
Scott Barnhard AKA Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Oh yea, thats another "atta boy" for Mark :laugh:
I sure hope his head dont get no bigger over it though.. He already wears a size xxxxxxl helmet - I mean just cause he has a brother that is running the Boston Marathon he gets a swelled head :yikes:
Oh yea, HEY YOUNG TED. How did Genes wife do in the Iron Man contest??
Woodsy :ride:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
woodsy said:
I cant read those "PDF" files Jeremy.. What was that software that I need to download to do that - I forgot what its called - dahhhhhhhhhh!!! Lost again...... :nod:
Scott Barnhard AKA Woodsy

Adobe Acrobat reader???

http://www.download.com/Adobe-Acrobat-Reader/3000-2378_4-10349804.html?tag=lst-0-3

:cool:

Hey woodsy I saw this quote and imediately thought of you.

Bart Simpson said:
Remember, you can always find East by staring directly at the sun.
:nener:

Last edited:

morgan

Nov 30, 2001

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Adobe Acrobat reader???

http://www.download.com/Adobe-Acrobat-Reader/3000-2378_4-10349804.html?tag=lst-0-3

Hey woodsy I saw this quote and imediately thought of you.

:nener:

YES - thats it YZ - now all I gotta do is remember to put this dialup on download tonight (or tommorrow morning) before I fall asleep so it has 9 hours to download it again.. Sheesh, I hate starting over!!!!
Oh yea, THANKS Don for thinkingabout me but you stand (or ride) with the sun on your SHOULDER - not looking into it!! Boy you can sure tell the folks who havent been in the woods much!! Looking straight into it will make you go WEST and its awfully hard to see (thats why I never go west)!!!!!! :nener:
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
woodsy said:
Oh yea, thats another "atta boy" for Mark :laugh:
I sure hope his head dont get no bigger over it though.. He already wears a size xxxxxxl helmet - I mean just cause he has a brother that is running the Boston Marathon he gets a swelled head :yikes:
Oh yea, HEY YOUNG TED. How did Genes wife do in the Iron Man contest??
Woodsy :ride:

Woodsy, I can't take credit for this one. I got inspiration from an e-mail THE SINGLETRACK JEDI MASTER sent me!

Last edited:

dan1608

~SPONSOR~
Jul 31, 2003
It's difficult to tell from his posts but it sounds like TBL is a unhappy quad rider. I find them to be confusing to read. Maybe I'm just not that smart.

Dec 19, 2004
MWEISSEN said:
Mr. TheBottomLine,

I tell you what, Mark...why don't you come out here publicly against all the simple factual threads I've posted here lately being deleted (you know, the ones mentioning how you guys are going to spend that recently released $4 million)....and maybe I'll feel more comfortable believing that you WANT me to "stick around" as you seem so interested in?

I guess what kind of 'puzzles' me about any of you so interested in Michigan orv politics while asking for my 'name'....is the fact that I have regularly attended the very same orv advisory and NRC meetings that many of you should have been keeping up on or attending for years!.(and while my apparances are heavily edited in these meeting minutes...I have a hard time believing this 'ol boy is some kind of 'mystery man'!).
Since nobody has ever had any trouble determining if I was in those rooms at those meetings...and I have never witnessed anybody in that room stand up for issues like losing our stenographer, less meetings or cancelled meetings with the DNR, our chairman insisting that all contact with him go through the DNR FIRST or a 'myriad' of other issues....why is the guy whose hand nobody has 'dared' shake since day one....such a "we want you to stick around" issue now?

Again, we're just plain 'ol folk over here in Southwest Michigan who ask simple questions which reflect the kind of life we live over here.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
dan1608 said:
It's difficult to tell from his posts but it sounds like TBL is a unhappy quad rider..
From what I understand he has a Rhino actually, which is a 2 seater side by side probably 60+ inches wide, and from what I can gather he wants the ORV trails widened to fit his Rhino. I think that vehicle is made in Arizona and targeted for the open desert. Not a good fit for the woods in this area imo, which I suspect has much to do with his frustration level.

dan1608 said:
I find them to be confusing to read. Maybe I'm just not that smart.
Ya think?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
TBL also started on (and still has AFAIK) a quad, Polaris I think. bbarel is right about his Rhino and related desires to romp around with it.
There were a pair of Rhino's up to St Helen during our Toys for Kids ride the other week. They seemed to be having a great time (2 guys per unit) and that area has a substantial amount of legal riding available for them. Unfortunately they also decided to buzz into town on the main paved road to get gas/food and put another strike against the ORV community by doing so (illegal to get into town there on an ORV).

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
TBL

A large portion of the interface coordination communication between orv groups necessitates that urgent consideration be applied to the philosophy of commonality and standardization. At the same time, however, any associated relevant supporting elements must utilize and be functionally interwoven with the preliminary qualification limit. With regards to the specific goals, any associated relevant supporting elements are symptoms of the ills besetting a large group, of ORV’ers, or whomever, dedicated to the evolution of the systems specifications over this given time frame. Similarly, the incorporation of additional orv program-oriented sub constraints requires considerable cost analysis to arrive at the sophisticated outline to which you speak.

Agreed??

Mully
Life Member - AMA - Senior "A"
District 15
VSTA
HDMC
"CCC"
and all around nice guy..............

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Mully said:
TBL

A large portion of the interface coordination communication between orv groups necessitates that urgent consideration be applied to the philosophy of commonality and standardization. At the same time, however, any associated relevant supporting elements must utilize and be functionally interwoven with the preliminary qualification limit. With regards to the specific goals, any associated relevant supporting elements are symptoms of the ills besetting a large group, of ORV’ers, or whomever, dedicated to the evolution of the systems specifications over this given time frame. Similarly, the incorporation of additional orv program-oriented sub constraints requires considerable cost analysis to arrive at the sophisticated outline to which you speak.
Cool we have someone that speaks TBLs language.
Now if we can just find a translator for the rest of us...

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Originally Posted by SalGeek
Why is he leaving the post?

2TrakR said:
As it legally has to. No Board member of the CCC can speak to why/how/what Bill is leaving for. You want to his view, ask him directly. The Employer/Employee relationship dictates that we can only say he is no longer the Executive Director.

Just as I can't ask your boss why he fired you as he is legally obligated to not respond.

I was just wondering if he was moving to Arizona or something like that. I really didn't intend to pry into things that are none of my business. I should have never asked the question - clearly a mistake on my part.

morgan

Nov 30, 2001
Salgeek, you're question was fine--no mistake. ;)
Read the thread again--2TrakR's answer was directed toward TBL's reply, not your's.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah SalGeek, like Shannon indicated... I was responding to TBL's rhetoric.
I didn't plan to answer your question as it only gets complicated when trying to talk about this sort of thing (I'm on the CCC Board). Would have liked to say something, but the most I can is what I originally posted... Anyway: Bill has an article coming out in the next GLTR that gives his statement.

Top Bottom