MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'm sure it's probably the wrong stuff, but I use the red loctite. Don't know the number, but the bolts are still tight.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
DID chains are AWESOME. I have had one on my xr200 for a yr, and absolutly no stretiching with minimal wear. I have the standard o ring racing chaing from DID on my CR since april and only had to adjust it 1 time so far. Any chain will last if you maintain it, but DID chains are awesome. Also dont over look sunstar sprokets, They have been on my cr for a yr with little wear, wore out some renthals in 3 months.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
toalco, a 520 chain has a new pitch of 5/8". You want to change out your chain when you have reached approx. 2%-3% of growth. This is the same measurement for all 520 chains. Bike brand has nothing to do with it.

*(if you change out at 1%-1.5% you will probably still have good sprockets)

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
i just checked my sprockets and the rear one is fine (a few small chips on 2-3 teeth) but the front had 3 teeth gone and the rest were worn down. i measured my chain and 10 links length was about 6 2/5" . i am replacing the c/s sprocket and leaving the rear one, and i think i will leave the chain for now. i think the damaged c/s sprocket is mainly from too much slack in my chain. but how come the rear sprocket wasnt damaged nearly as much as the front? shouldnt both sprockets wear down equally?

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
no, they will not wear equally. and from experience, its best to replace everything at once, your rear will wither eat up the new chain more quickly, or the chain will eat the sproket. Just what i have seen over the years.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
If there is any wearing of the teeth at all, it is from the chain being too long.
Chips could be from rocks and such.
Time to replace it all. That chain will ruin any sprocket you mount.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom