psalm3124

Apr 21, 2005
I currently wear a hard plastic chest protector (sometimes over sometimes under my jersey), however I'm thinking of trying a pressure suit. Has anybody tried both? Which would be warmer to wear?

blarf

Aug 10, 2006
the pressure suit will be warmer. i tried both and i like the suit better (own opinion though). it does get you really warm though. last time i was trail riding, it was in the 60degrees outside but i was sweating like it was 90. i put one of those under armor underneath. anyways, i like pressure suits better.
by the way, you most likely would have to wear the pressure suit under the jersey

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Of course, with the pressure suit, you don't need the jersey. Also, I think that the only one that can really be called a pressure suit is the 661, the EVS ballistic fits moderately loosely and is made almost entirely of mesh, there are the obvious exeptions.

blarf

Aug 10, 2006
psalm3124 said:
oops, when I said pressure suit, I was referring to the category of under armor suits (661, EVS, Rockgarden, etc).

that's what i thought. i'm using the 661 pressure suit and i love it

joshholmes20

May 3, 2006
i've caught a few rocks to the forearm when wearing a hard fox chest protector that my 661 suit would have saved me from. I enjoy the pressure suit, but it's really hot in the summer.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
The hard plastic ones are roost guards. All they do is protect you from roost. They do very little to protect you when you fall.
I had a Thor Impact Rig SE. It was very warm, but it made you feel almost invincible. The only problem I had was with the fit. Im a fairly muscular guy and the sleeves were really tight. Other than that it was fine.
IMO, the added protection of the pressure suit is well worth any kind of discomfort you might have to endure. Being a little hot is better than being busted up.

Top Bottom