pradami

Sep 1, 2006
Hey,
Im looking at buying a new chest protector, and it seems like there are some out there that you can wear underneath the jersey. Are those still safe? do they pass for racing with just that on? any more info on them would be helpful. It seems like a good idea kinda but I rather have safety over looks and just wondering if i would sacrifice any safety. Also, anybody have any chest protectors they are especially happy with and want to recommend? Thank you

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Those little foam things that look like a vest are pretty much useless, but they are cheap. Plastic doesn't care if there is a thin layer of fabric over it. I have an EVS BJ22 Ultra, and I love it.

pradami

Sep 1, 2006
lol yea thats what i thought...i think ill look at one of the ones that you can wear both on top and under the jersey. That way when i find that im gettin hit w/ tons of rocks i can put it on the outside and when im just ridin alone i can put it underneath or somethin idk. thanks for the help. Just a question real quick....what do you think is the most important protective equiptment besides the obvious boots, helmet, and chest protector? For example those kidney belts, things like that...thanks

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Can I assume that goggles are a given? Neck protection, followed by knee protection. Some might even argue that they are more important than the CP, and I wouldn't dispute their opinion. Just consider which body parts you would least like to have injured and let that be your guide.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
76GMC1500 said:
But wearing it on top of your jersey will protect your jersey and your body.
Yesterday, after I made the mistake of being behind a quad while it was going through a mudhole, I remembered a very good reason to wear an under jersey CP. You can throw a jersey in the washing machine. Of course, it was in the high 80s yesterday, so I didn't have my jersey on. It looks like I'll be dragging my armor outside sometime this week for a good cleaning.

pradami

Sep 1, 2006
true thats a good point...i never really thought of that... kinda sucks especially behind a quad because either left or right you will still get sprayed by on of the tires....at least w/ a bike in front of you you can move to one side ya know?

Top Bottom