Howser03

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
I wanted to clean my older KTM plastics so they look almost new. They are in great shape physically but are very dirty. Any ideas on how to clean them so they become all white again? I've thought of bleach but am not sure if thats really the way to go. The pics are in my gallery so you can see what I'm up against.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I used soft scrub witha scotch brite pad gets it real clean but it is dull then I use that PC Renew and it does work well to bring the shine back going to try the mop &glo next time

skhasky

Apr 8, 2002
WD-40! Seriously... it will dissolve the grime, and clean the plastic without harming it or dulling it. Gasoline works well too, but is furly dangerous ;-) - seriously ... I have been using WD for cleaning my plastic for years and it still looks new!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Uggghhh! Whit gas tanks! i had a '90 YZ250, and that tank was just horrific. Never found ahything that would take of the gas permeation stains.

I keep the white platic on my new YZ clean with the soft scrub/bleach. Just make sure you get the greenish blue colored stuff without abrasives in it.

I'll try hasky's WD-40 trick tonight and see how it works.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'll second the WD40 idea. It also works good for removing spooge from the rear fender and silencer.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
WD-40 is a MULTI-PURPOSE cleaner. It is sweet. i use it for lots of things including the spooge like RM_guy stated. I would personally try that first then try the soft scrub. I use the soft scrub on my front disc cover and it seems to do a fairly decent job of cleaning it up and making it look like new. I also am a big fan of after a fender/plastics gets lots of scratches/gets really dull of using the PC PLASTIC RENEW its fairly cheap and works good i just take off my plastics once a year and do them wiht that in the winter. The ol' KDXs look like new(sept for the dents in the pipe,etc, etc)!

Top Bottom