cleaning silencer

i use paint thinner because its real cheap at the harware store . i get a oil drain pan and take the silencer apart and let it soak in the pan a little bit . for most part the gunk will come off with little a little scrubing and let dry , repack and put back together . just do outside in a well venilated area , i have never heard of using oven cleaner .

fatty_k

Subscriber
I also use a propane torch. Very easy, and like above, no mess at all except for some ash on the floor.

m1a

If you can live with the noise, and I can, what harm could there be in not re-installing the packing; just let'er come straight out.The back pressure isn't needed for anything is it; I mean to help it run in certain conditions.Seems like the quicker you get the exhaust out the better right?Plus it helps me pretend I'm on a kx-250 with the throttle pinned and still in control LOL.

I use a cleaner called GREASED LIGHTNING, just spray and watch that **** Clean itself, Then wipe it off, Repack the Spark Arrester, and Start your bike to see if its any Quieter.

m1a

Where I live we don't have riding areas, you just go where-ever you can find a place, mostly forestry owned land by companies and there's probably not more than 20 dirt bikes running in my county anyway.We only shut down for hunting season.