Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
I'd like to get some Clear Creek time in before riding the Wild Boar.
Goal is to try to get in 50+ miles.

Last edited:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Jim,

I can't go Friday, I'm real busy at work.

John,

Same place. Same time. OK, the "I'm a slow rider" is no more. :aj:

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
You can count me in :) I'll be in a 02' charcoal gray extended cab Silverado with a 97 KLX300 ... what time are we looking at starting?

I too want to ride this area a few times before the piglet/boar weekend, glad to see I'm not the only one ;)

Matt
Clovis, CA
[email protected]

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Matt,

We'll say that should be saddled up and ready to go by 10:00 at the latest.

I'll be there by 9:30. Look for Grey Tundra with a camper shell, I may or may not be towing my 5x10 enclosed trailer.

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Sure thing Jonola, 9:30am sounds good to me. Only thing is I have to leave the Clear Creek area by 4:30pm at the latest, as 'the boss' has made family plans for that evening. I should be all nice & sore & out of it for that function ;) ... btw your name sounds familiar ... were you at last years piglet? A guy with a XR650 from DRN happened to be on my minute last year, but I forget what his name is.

Matt

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
I was at the Piglet last year, but I ride a XR250. I think you were riding with LocoCD (Denny). We'll be done by 4:00. I'm sure I'll be done. :whiner:

bishop_d

Oct 12, 2001
Ohh, looks like a great chance to get some practice in before the enduro. Also looks like it may be raining up there right now! Should be a blast. I'll be dreaming of the trees and damp ground while racing in the dust at El Mirage this weekend.

Hope you guys have a good time. Let me know if you decide to go up again next weekend.

placelast, did you end up getting a temporary ride?

deano..

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
placelast, did you end up getting a temporary ride?

Kinda - got a beater; the thing's been raced for a few years and show it - was even put away wet, but does run. It leaks oil out of one fork seal, the lower shock bearing is shot, and it need a new top end, but hey, I'm grateful to have something.

I took it partially apart to haul back to the bachelor pad in my rental car, and will ask the owner where he posted the pixs so you guys can get a look/see atmy madness. I tore it completely apart this week, but may have to go with a worn barrel/new piston to make the Saturday ride deadline, and even then that engine will have to go in my chassis as I may not be able to get a rear suspension rocker bearing in time, or the fork tube patched up (deep nicks). One of the local shops is measuring the jugs I have; I''ll use the best one (prolly mine) to give me some level of confidence.

Speaking of confidence I picked up another tow rope but think Matt will rightfully hang me high if we have to go thru that again, so late in the day with the sun going down, and the cold settling in =:-o

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
Man, I'd love to ride up there again. But I have to go to Jawbone with a couple of spodes from ThumperTalk. Oh, I wish I hadn't made plans so early. I'll see you guys at the Piglet.

Hey Brian, I used to play volleyball everyday when I was young. I was addicted to it. Do you play in a league?

John G., I'm gonna have to pick your brain sometime for some enduro timekeeping tips. Have fun and don't break! :scream:

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by placelast
Speaking of confidence I picked up another tow rope but think Matt will rightfully hang me high if we have to go thru that again, so late in the day with the sun going down, and the cold settling in =:-o

LOL, it wasn't that bad ... okay, maybe by the time we spent an hour making trenches & pushing your bike ;) in retrospect, it was a great learning experience, not to mention a cardio workout!

Btw, I'll also be picking up another buddy tow, what the heck ... they weigh next to nothing and can save your butt in a pinch ...

Matt

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom