Annual Clear Creek New Year's Ride

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
I just got talking to a friend that was just up in Clear Creek, and he says the conditions are horrible, way too muddy and no fun at all. Hollister on the other hand has perfect riding cause the lower half is closed which leaves the upper half all open and anyone who rides Hollister knows that Upper half is mostly sand. In the past week I have been up there twice and have had a blast. Last years ride in Clear Creek was a blast though :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Thanks for the info WRSTEVE. That's it for me, I'm out.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Looks like I'm out too. Let me know if anyone decides to check out Hollister on New Year's Day. I'd be up for that.

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
Originally posted by Kawidude
Looks like I'm out too. Let me know if anyone decides to check out Hollister on New Year's Day. I'd be up for that.

I'll let you know, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it with a couple of buds.

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
Originally posted by WRSTEVE

I'll let you know, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it with a couple of buds.

Can't make it New years day because we are having company over, but can make it New Years Eve :D I'll be parked by the vintage track, driving a light blue Toyota truck. I should be there by 9:00 AM

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I'll look for you at vintage track tomorrow WRSteve. Looks like 2-stroke weather so I'll be bringing the 300exc.

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
Doh! That's why there was NO ONE there. :whiner:

I'm currently working and staying in Ridgecrest during the week where I don't have web access. So I checked this thread on Sunday night and all seemed to be a go. Loaded up Wednesday after work and pulled into the Creek about 8pm to a fairly empty Oak Slope. Not seeing any familiar trucks/bikes, I parked in the same spot as last year and proceeded to build a fire and drink a beer.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image2/7/78/76/108177876hWjuxJ_ph.jpg

After a few introspective hours of fire-building and beer-drinking, I called it a night. Just to let me know that I was at Clear Creek and not some foo-foo trail-riding park, the wind howled and the rain pelted down through the night. (Y'all did good to stay home.)

Upon awakening I searched hither and yon for signs of DRNers, but to no avail. So after a breakfast of freeze-dried eggs and bacon, I headed home.
Fittingly, it started to drizzle on my way out. And yes, it did look like it would have been worse than last year.

At least I don't have to wash my bike for two hours!:eek:

John, I would have had I been home.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Jake, I'm so sorry you drove all that way and had to camp out by yourself :(

I just figured you would check the thread. We'll make it up to you the next time the little Nor Cal group has a gathering. You're always invited!

Top Bottom