JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
KTMboy and I will be riding Cleghorn Rd. on Saturday 4-13. From there we will have some lunch then go over to the ridges.

There will be 2 staging options

1. Cleghorn Rd. From the 15 freeway its 1 exit before highway 138. From the north bound lanes you exit at Cleghorn and park at the bottom of the ramp on the left side.

2. KtmBoy's very kind and generous friend will allow us to park and take off from his private property in Oak Hills. Directions to follow later but its basiclly by the AM/PM at the top of Cajon Pass

If you go with #2 there are a few rules that he asks we follow...

-No fast riding in the neighborhood.
-Stay off private property-stay on roads. (these are city roads so be careful, pay attention and we shouldnt have any problems)
-Basically, it's just be courtious, cruise to the green stickie area, then have fun.

I would say plan for 8am in Oak Hills and if anybody decides on option 1 we can figure out a meeting area.

1 more thing....The Cleghorn trails are green sticker or plate only. I dont know how well they are enforced so........

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Another thought.....If anybody doesnt want to ride on the streets out of KTMboys place, I can stage at Cleghorn and KTMboy can park in Oak hills. We can then meet at the bottom of the trail.

Some of the trails are kinda slow and technical. 99% of the trails have a fire road bypass.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hmmmm, sounds fun. I'm riding Thursday at Glen Helen so let me see how I fair out after banging bars with Bundy.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well, I'm an arrestor, and I can bring some flint, will that do!!:)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Also, the reason I'm offering the private staging area is because the first option requires a Forest Adventure Pass, whereas the private staging area in Oak Hills will be free. It's approxamately 2-3 miles to Cleghammer from there.

We can also feel free to partake of after ride refreshments there with no fear of Mr. Ranger. :cool:

Can't wait Jeff---last time we did Cleghammer I had a blast! Great view at the top! :aj:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Damn, I have a :o sticker.

Have fun, I'm gonna go :whiner: now. Why? Because It's my birthday and I can :whiner: if I want to :whiner: if I want to. You would too if it happen to you.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Well, a day late and a dollar short, but Happy Birthday Thumbs. And, it's ok, you can cry if you want to. :whiner:

Hmmmmmm, fart'in elk and flint. :scream: It's gonna be a bad fire season. :)

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Happy B-Day Thumbs ! Are you gonna ask for a NEW BIKE ? :D

I'm good for the Cleg HaMMER ... I think Captain Jack is in as well.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Um, my B-day aint till the 13th. The day of your little green sticker or plate only ride. ;) But thanks anyways guys. :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
That's what happens when you guys ride those closed course competition motorcycles! Yeh, my bikes a little older, but it fires on two cycles and it's legal!

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
'Course I'm in. And don't forget my B-day either - tax day! YAAAAAA! :)

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Let’s all chip in and get Jack a Gas Gas ... and Thumbs a WR 250F ... for their birthdays. C’mon ... we’d only have to kick in like ... I don’t know ... a grand or so apiece. :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If I had that kind of money laying around, I'd buy a couple spare 'green' bikes so my 'red' buddies could go more often! :confused:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
...don't know if Jr & I can make it, but if we do, what's the ETA @ the base of Cleghorn? And the group riding from the pass (al la 'boy's private staging area) towards the south, will this earlier-start group go to the Cleghorn trailhead near the 15 to join up with the rest of the group? Is that the plan?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: Bummer, I'll be in Palm Springs on Sat. If be some miricle things change then I'll be there.

If that happens just look for the fast guy jumping the 50 ft. ravine over your head. :aj:

I'll be the one next ot him taking the picture. :moon:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
My group will hit the 'Cleghammer' right where it crosses the 138, which is a couple miles down from the freeway toward Siverwood.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by ktmboy
My group will hit the 'Cleghammer' right where it crosses the 138, which is a couple miles down from the freeway toward Siverwood.

That's fine, we can meet you there - pick a time as we would stage from Cleghorn off of the I-15; it'd be less driving time 4 us & more likely we'd make it w/wife's (as in singular; otherwise it be wive's) agreement.

Who else plans on staging @ Cleghorn offramp off of I-15?

Is the plan to do 2N47 (Cleghorn Mountain) up to & beyond Silverwood Lake (miller Canyon/Pilot Rock Ridge), or turn around there @ the lake & head back?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by placelast

That's fine, we can meet you there - pick a time as we would stage from Cleghorn off of the I-15; it'd be less driving time 4 us & more likely we'd make it w/wife's (as in singular; otherwise it be wive's) agreement.

Who else plans on staging @ Cleghorn offramp off of I-15?

Is the plan to do 2N47 (Cleghorn Mountain) up to & beyond Silverwood Lake (miller Canyon/Pilot Rock Ridge), or turn around there @ the lake & head back?

I can meet you at Cleghorn Rd exit.

I'm pretty sure the plan is to do Cleghorn Rd to where it ends at 138 then turn around. Then if people are up for it we would head over towards the ridges in Phelan.

Time....I can be there whenever you want me to be. You tell me..

Now I have a question for you.....Do you know a trail to connect Cleghorn to Miller Canyon? Is it green sticker legal?

Jeff
(909-322-9614)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff

Now I have a question for you.....Do you know a trail to connect Cleghorn to Miller Canyon? Is it green sticker legal?

Jeff
(909-322-9614)

Jeff. I was told there is a trail that follows the rail road tracks that will take you over to the Miller Cyn. area. It is green sticker and ties in at the top of Cajon somewhere. Have never riden it, was just told about it.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hmmm...... time to explore a little maybe.
BTW, I just got an '03 green sticker in the mail today for a bike I no longer own.......

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ktm I cant ride (visitors) but your more than welcomed to stage from my pad if ya want. Its about a mile east of the truck stop. What Id give to pass on the visitors and go riding.

Top Bottom