placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by RMjeff I can meet you at Cleghorn Rd exit.

I'm pretty sure the plan is to do Cleghorn Rd to where it ends at 138 then turn around. Then if people are up for it we would head over towards the ridges in Phelan.

Time....I can be there whenever you want me to be. You tell me..

Now I have a question for you.....Do you know a trail to connect Cleghorn to Miller Canyon? Is it green sticker legal?

Easy one 1st: Green stickies & license plates legal year around.

Time? We can be there @8-8:30am.

Railroad Trail? It's rather boring, & a place to avoid (jinx? Sorry about the wrist.)

I suggest we meet @ Cleghorn Offramp/I-15. Ride over the hill & meet up with w/'boys group where the RR Trail/Cleghorn/138 intersect; it they are not there, then take Cleghorn back then make a left turn onto this trail/road which goes to Silverwood Lake & look for the connector & do the Miller Cnyn/Pilot Rock Ridge loop & return. I haven't done this, but Mike Hobbs & the Rid-Net folks have, so it'd be good to check it out.

Sound like a plan, 'boy?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
BTW, I just got an '03 green sticker in the mail today for a bike I no longer own.......

I bet Thumbs would pay you top dollar for that right about now! :p

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by placelast
[B

Railroad Trail? It's rather boring, & a place to avoid (jinx? Sorry about the wrist.)

[/B]

This will be my first time back on that trail.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
What time do you guys plan to be at the trail head? 9:00?

I don't know if i have a 'group' yet. I guess it depends on what Eel and Capt Jack plan to do.
:silly:
I'll still be staging at my buds house even if it's just me, 'cause I'll be hanging with him a bit after the ride. :debil:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
KTMB - we'll meet you at your bud's place. We're both green-sticker and that way we'll get to ride more ! :) What time shall we meet you there ? You say when and we'll show then. Please give us directions also. We don't need to be plated to stage from there, right ?

Cool ... talk to you soon.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Eel--my buds house is on a dirt road. It's street legal only, but the rangers don't come up there. We ride down into the legal area from there, and I'll have I.D. to show I'm a local. (That usually works if you get stopped up there.)

It's about a 15 min. ride to where we'll meet Placelast and Jeff.

Directions: Take the I-15 north to the Oak Hill Rd. exit, (The Summit) and go right, to the AM/PM. Oak hill Rd. is the next exit past 138, right when you crest the hill. :aj: I'll be there at 8:00 a.m. From there I'll take you guys in.

I'll be back on the boards tomorrow night to finalize any last minute details. ;)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
This will be my first time back on that trail.

Nope. We ain't gonna do it, Jeff - for your (psyche) sake & the rest (boring).

The location for those of us willing to stage somewhere other than over the pass on the desert side - 'boy's spot - would be exactly where you 1st stated @ the start of this thread: Cleghorn off ramp off of the I-15, the exit before the 138 off ramp. #1 on your list.

So we would ride up Cleghorn, contiue north over the peak, down to where it meets the 138. If 'boy & crew aren't there (by 9am or so), then we'd come back up to the peak, then go (left) across the Cleghorn ridge to Silverwood, do a loop on the other side of Silverwood, & return.

This plan would be good for green sticker fellas.

So 'boy, we can be where Cleghorn abuts (ends @) 138 say 9am-ish. If you guys are there B4 us, then come on up Cleghorn - just don't run into us head on! We could be on our way down or up from the other side (staging spot).

If we beat you all there (138), we'll wait 10-15 min., then backtrack up Cleghorn, turn left on the peak & head towards Silverwood; catch us if you can... :aj:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Sounds good to me ..... See you guys tomorrow morning

Im going to pull out of my house a few minutes before 8 so I should be there around 8:15.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
It's a go. We'll meet 'boy around 8-ish. Cleghammer 100 ? :)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Cleghorn

Well, I waited until the last minute just to be sure. This ride sounds like fun.
I've been to Cleghorn before, but wasn't aware of much more than a dirt road.

I'll be at the Cleghorn I-15 exit around 9 AM. :aj:

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Make that 8 AM :confused:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Holeshot...

Dont forget the spark arrestor tip this time.

Also you need a adventure pass to park. If you dont have 1 you can stop at the AM/PM on Sierra. Its on the left side of the freeway just before you cross Lytle Creek bridge.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Holeshot--Cleghorn is just like the ridges on the other (Phelan) side--you've got the road and the trail that criss-crosses it. However, IMO, Cleghammer is more challenging, and more scenic!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

I carry the sparky screen with me at all times (in the car), but I forgot to put it in at Big Bear a few months back. I also try to keep a spare Aventure Pass with me.

Looking forward to seeing new trails.

Top Bottom