Clutch Adjustment

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
A few weeks ago i crashed :bang: and broke off my clutch perch, and I replaced it with an msr clutch perch and a new grip lever. After i put it on it rode it i noticed that my clutch engaged closer to the bar than usual so i adjusted it to engage father out but then the clutch started slipping. Im wondering if im going to have to replaced the clutch or just get a new perch. The main problem is having to pull the clutch all the way to the bar to make sure my motor doesnt die when i used alot of rear brake.

PINGERS4LIFE

Jun 2, 2004
ok i am going to give my 2cents on this ok i would say that it is in ur freeplay it sounds like u got a lil to much is what u have to do is grab ur cable and pull ur lever then u can feel for free play in this case it sounds like u got to much freeplay i would say that u only need enuff for a penny to fit in there

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
I have almost no freeplay right now, if any. If i set the clutch cable to have freeplay the bike lurches forward when i put it in gear. Im beginging to think im gonna need a new clutch :-(

PINGERS4LIFE

Jun 2, 2004
ok u know how to take ur clutch basket off if u do take a fill to it it sounds like u got wear marks on it that should fix ur problem

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…