jjm7384

Sep 15, 2002
In my '93 KDX200 I replaced my clutch basket due to a broken gear attached to the outside, but when installing it came across a washer that I wasn't sure of the placement. Please note that I did not totally dissasemble the clutch mechanism, I simply slid the clutch basket off of the clutch plate assembly and installed the new clutch basket...I just don't remember if there was a washer in between? In the service manual it looks like there are two thrust washers, one behind the shaft sleeve, and one in the clutch assembly itself. The one in the clutch assembly appears to go between the clutch basket and the clutch plate assembly...Is this correct? I have assembled the bike in this manner and it seems to work, however the clutch seems pretty tight and I just wanted to check before I went to the track. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
You are correct,there should be one thrust washer in between the sleeve and the shaft bearing mounted in the center case and the other thrust washer goes on after the clutch basket .I think page 5-9 in the manual give a good picture of this.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
It's common for those washers to be misplaced or not seen on dis-assy. They 'stick' to stuff.

Not that I'd KNOW about that...I must'a read it somewheres...;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom