the_whitey87

Apr 21, 2009
1986 CR125 has corroded clutch cover where the water pump impeller sits. Honda cant get the cover any longer and it's unusable a it is (water getting pat seal and into oil)....any suggestions? I was going to try ad rouch it up good, apply some jbweld and get it a straight as i can....i have called several alvage yards and noone has these parts for this bike!! Please help!!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Some use JB weld. A lot of people have had success with a Devcon product.
Do a search on www.Honda-Elsinore.com
Lot of information on this problem.
I was talking about this the other day to a friend looking at an '86 CR125 on craigslist (maybe you bought it?).
Be sure and clean with soft wire brush after disassembly. I'd then hit it with prep-sol or other degreaser before applying coat of epoxy.

the_whitey87

Apr 21, 2009
Thanks for the quick response, I am giving consideration to some JBweld or something similar, still searching for a new cover or used one, only issue i have is that it is corroded RIGHT where the seal sits...im unsure if this is the common spot or not, and im not sure how JB weld or other epoxy will seal up in that area. With the seal in you can still see/feel the top of the seal.....which I beleive is the entire cause of my leak....seals and bearings had already been replaced and shaft is slightly grooved but very minimal. Thanks for the link i've got the page bookmarked already lol. Bike came from an add on Kijiji, good chance it was posted on craigslist as well though...

Apr 26, 2009
get a new right side cover. i just bought a 86 cr125 also and mine is corroded but yours seems like it might be worse (mine isnt leaking like yours seems to be).

check EBAY of course and also try these guys.

**http://www.ozpowersports.com/**

i called them and they will sell the whole right side cover including pump and all for 299$ IIRC. only place i could find that had the parts.

hope that helps

Top Bottom