CR fella

Mar 22, 2007
hi all

i got a problem with my CR, when i go to move the bike while in gear it doesn't move (rear wheel locks up) like it should if you don't have the clutch in, thats all good no problems their, but when i do hold the clutch in it still doesn't want to move??? and the rear wheel still locks up!

i've played with the cables and they look to be fine, what could be my problem?

cheers all

idontknow1047

Apr 13, 2006
i had the same problem with my kx250 sorry to tell you but i had to replace the whole clutch to fix the problem. i took it apart and the friction plates were really wore in, and the clutch basket was all worn out. so i replaced it all and it worked great. idk if that's the problem for sure with your beast but you might wanna tear it apart and take a look

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
CR fella said:
hi all

i got a problem with my CR, when i go to move the bike while in gear it doesn't move (rear wheel locks up) like it should if you don't have the clutch in, thats all good no problems their, but when i do hold the clutch in it still doesn't want to move??? and the rear wheel still locks up!

i've played with the cables and they look to be fine, what could be my problem?

cheers all

Sounds to me as if your clutch is toast. The good thing is it is a lot cheaper to rebuild your clutch than it is to rebuild your transmission.

matego

Feb 17, 2007
Does it do it with the engine running? If it is not, the clutch does not have any oil on it, and will not slip. You could put a clutch in it and it will do the same thing. If it is running, or you have been running it for a while, then I would check out the clutch. It is normal for them to hang up when they are dry.

Top Bottom