moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Cant seem to get the clutch nut off my 200. I assume this is a regular thread - but I put quite a bit of pressure on it and it just wont budge.

Anyone have any ideas how to secure the clutch basket well enough to get that nut loose?

Using the drivetrain is out as it just spins the wheel - hate doing it that way anyway.

Cant seem to get a good hold on that basket - and I dont want to end up cracking the case by just jamming something in between the basket and case. Help - bike is just sitting there helpless!

Sean

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Sean, I've never used this trick but have heard of stuffing a length of soft cotton rope into the cylinder through the spark plug hole with the piston at BDC, then rotating around until the rope stops the piston in the bore. I'd wait until someone else confirms that will not damage anything, or perhaps a better method than that even.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
My solution is put it in like 6th gear, then hit the bolt with and impact wrench, comes off pretty easily. The rope trick works pretty good too, try not to get it stuck in the ports though.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I got it - went with 6th gear - wrench in the sprocket, neighbor on the wrench, one on the brake and me turning. That think took bout 150 pounds of pressure - then it finally came loose. Wow.

Clutch is on its way to EFM tomorrow. Auto clutch in 5 days.

Top Bottom