Clutch plates or juice clutch

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Unfortunately I could not finish this weekends enduro due to clutch problems. I was not able to disengage and had no adjustment left on the red knob. My question: Is it a problem with the hydraulic system or clutch plates? If I pull the lever in all the way (full fist) the clutch would disengage.
Thanks for your help.

Aust 520exc

Jun 19, 2001
You may have air in the system, which is easily fixed by the following method:

You need to get a syringe with a short piece of hose filled with hydraulic fluid (I was recommended 5 wt fork oil for my clutch - definitely not brake fluid) and force the fluid through the bleeder at the clutch end until it comes out of the reservoir. This will remove any air that may have gotten into the system.

After this tighten the bleeder & check the clutch for feel, if it is still the same your clutch may be on it's way out - or may have already left!

As far as I knew the red knob was just for setting the lever/bar distance.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Methodology

Start with the simplest first. Bleed the system (syringe needed).

If no luck, check the clutch plates, and basket fingers. If the plates look good, and the basket fingers are grooved, lightly file them. This should get rid of the roughness in the basket. It is only a short term fix, but baskets are $$$! Good LucK!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom