TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
Clutch Basket options

Hi, I have a 2000 RM125 and i'm having clutch problems. My basket and inner hub are notched out and I have already filed them down once before. Is it possible to file it down again or no?What are my options on getting a new basket? Whats the best way to go?THANKS

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
There is a guy cammed "Stormin Norman" or something like that that will rebuild your hub with inserts made from the same stuff they use in the Hinson Clutch baskets. I have heard he does excellent work. Someone will chime in and post his phone number. That's the route I would take.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Stormin' Norman's Racing Clutch Systems (724) 722-3630

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I did see an article about him a while back. He does clutch baskets.

I have the same question as you about theinner hub.

I used a Hinson basket and it is holding up very well. I like it and would buy another. It was difficult to justify the high cost and the P.I.T.A. of putting it on. Removing the stock gear is a pain in the shorts.

TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
OK, i have a 2000 RM125 and my bike keeps shattering clutch plates. I went riding last weekend and I came home and one of the clutch plates were shattered. I replaced it and went riding this weekend and now I took it apart and there wer 2 clutch plates shattered. THe basket is in OK condition but i'm wondering what else it could be. Also, now the main shaft the clutch inner hub bolts to is hard to turn. Whats going on? Someone please help me. THANKS

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I had trouble with Barnetts cracking, and shattering. But my basket was worn and had a bit of slap with the plates....that's what kills the 'em. A new basket would probably have fixed my problem.

TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
I was wondering also, should the basket move at all? mine can move a little bit and I was wondering if maybe that is causing the problem.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom