Clutch Problem Help Me Please !!!

regal21guy

Jan 14, 2008
Alright fellas i am having a problem with my 2000 cr250r . Recently the clutch went on it so i replaced it with a brand new ebc clutch kit ( friction plates , sllider plates, and springs ) . Well my problem is after i replaced it it seems as though it is doing the same thing which is that it feels like it is slipping up top. I adjusted the cable every which way and still doesn't take care if the problem. Also if you really hammer it you can smell the clutch starting to burn . Is there anything else i can look for that will cause it to slip .Any advice will be very much appreciated !

breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
I had an issue with EBC clutch kits. The steel plates were not thick enough, out of oem spec. Take it apart and measure everything. I will never put in a new clutch again with out measuring first.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Of course, you start by properly adjusting the clutch actuator, then fine tune it with the cable.
If it were MY bike and I couldn't adjust it properly with the actuator and cable, I'd be trying to return the parts for a different set.
As a quick fix, I know a couple of racers who always put an additional steel/aluminum plate in their clutch. They simply put two together somewhere in the stack. It might give you enough catch pressure then to work temporarily until you can get new parts if you are unable to return the ones you purchased.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Actuator: really is the clutch lift rod and both ends that make your clutch loosen when you pull the cable. Look at center of pressure plate and see if there is a screw for adjusting pressure on clutch lift rod. If there is, you can adjust the play in the rod for optimal clutch pressure. I'm not sure if 2000 has adjusting screw there or not. If you have a way to adjust pressure on your lift rod, it should be on one end or the other. If you have no adjustment, then the cable is your only option to adjust pressure, I assume.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom