DSelect

Apr 15, 2006
So I was adjusting my clutch so it would have less drag. And next thing i know i can't put the bike in gear when running. Every time i start the bike and go to put it into 1st it would stall out like the clutch was not pulled in. so me and my buddy started to mess with the adjustment, but still nothing.

Now it's to the point that when i pull in the clutch, it pulls in an then when i let out it stops half way and then there like a pop, and it goes back. Like something inside is getting stuck when i let off and pops back. Needless to say i still can get into 1st. wondering if anyone has had this happen to the and could tell me what it is and what i need to do.

Also if i need to get new clutch plates or what not where could i get some online and what brand?

DSelect

Apr 15, 2006
I just put new oil in the week before 10w-40 4 stroke oil. (only had 6 hours on it) But i drained it and put new in again just to make sure that it was not the problem.

but i just got in from messing with the cable some more and finale got it to work. I think that i had the cable to tight it wasn't letting the clutch go back far enough to catch. When i put it in gear. Thanks for the help. So is 10w-40 the right oil or should i use something different? it's a 4 stroke motorcycle oil for wet clucthes.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
4 Stroke Oil for WET CLUTCHES-Thats probably your problem. I use Castrol GTX or similar w/NO PROBLEMS.
Another I know used 4 Stroke Oil for WET CLUTCHES & had the same problem as you. DRAIN IT

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
DSelect said:
So I was adjusting my clutch so it would have less drag. And next thing i know i can't put the bike in gear when running. Every time i start the bike and go to put it into 1st it would stall out like the clutch was not pulled in. so me and my buddy started to mess with the adjustment, but still nothing.

Now it's to the point that when i pull in the clutch, it pulls in an then when i let out it stops half way and then there like a pop, and it goes back. Like something inside is getting stuck when i let off and pops back. Needless to say i still can get into 1st. wondering if anyone has had this happen to the and could tell me what it is and what i need to do.

Also if i need to get new clutch plates or what not where could i get some online and what brand?

I would dissasemble the clutch and look for damage/wear(grooves) on the fingers of the clutch basket, a very common with the soft stock clutch baskets. File down the grooves and you will be good to go for a couple of years.

I have had good luck with a cheapie clutch from rockymountain, if you want a really good clutch buy an EBC, cost a lot more though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom