Kdx-200Racer

Apr 13, 2008
Well I Got A KDX 200 From Someone For 400.00. It started And Ran But The Clutch Shifts Gears But When You Pull The Clutch In WHen Its In Gear It Doesnt Go Back To Neutral It Stays In Gear. He Said He Filled The Clutch Fluid Up To The Very Top To Store It. He Also Said To Buy New Clutch Fluid And Only Fill It Up Half Way. COuld This Be Why My Clutch Wont Go Into Neutral When You Put In The Clutch LeveR?

Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
Well if the guy says to refill it half way you should probably do so. I don't know if that is causing the problem but it's worth a try. Also, don't use so many caps... it's annoying to read.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
I put a fresh clutch in my bike and was unable to ever get it to disengage the tranny. I ended up to were I got just a little when it was warm, now that is a bit more worn it works great. You may need all new plates and springs if something is actually seized in the clutch, or possibly the basket is worn and it is preventing the plates from separating. Or the clutch is tight. Since I had checked all of those things on mine, I just got it rolling before putting it in gear and then would sometimes (not often, or very much) pull the lever in part way and rev the bike while in gear to burn the clutch a bit and break it in. Works great now, though when cold it still won't disengage. But after a half a mile when the oil heats up and the clutch gets warm it works great. If you are really worried you can take it apart and check for problems and wear. That might not be a bad idea anyways since you got it for 400.00.

And definitely work on limiting the use of the shift key. :)

freerida123

Jan 13, 2008
I got money on that the inner clutch hub nut is torqued down to hard. It is so tight that it snugged up against the outer hub assembly and wont allow the inner hub to spin freely with the pressure plate disengaged. The fix: loosen the nut and torque it down properly. It should have a locking washer, it is so the nut won't back off by itself. Hope this was clear enough and that it helps.

Top Bottom