Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
On my 02 CR250r my clutch is having some issues. I don't know much about clutches but i can tell something is definitely wrong. When i go to pull in the clutch the first thing i notice is that it is pretty hard to pull in(compared to my friends yz125, and 230f) i have to use my whole hand to pull in the clutch and i get Arm Pump very quickly. Second thing is when i am releasing it, unlike my friends bikes that you can slowly let out and ride out the clutch with it engaging gradually as you let go, mine tends to grab quickly and unsteadily and almost stalls out if you don't give it the proper throttle. No matter how slowly you release it, it seems like it goes from fully engaged to to fully disengaged instantly. Not sure if it just needs some adjustment or if the plates are worn, or i need to replace the whole clutch basket. Any advice helps.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You may want to pull the cover and check your basket, sounds like it may be worn pretty bad..

Could also be a binding clutch cable.. check it first.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Il take a look when it gets back out of the shop. But what exactly am i looking for to tell weather or not it is worn?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Grooves in the basket and inner hub. That bike is used, I would check what springs are in there, or just replace them. Blue plates, mike the fiber plates and metal, inspect the pressure hubs, where the plates ride for ridges. Make sure your cable is good and properly routed. If it has aluminum plates, I would scrap them and get steel. If you have a fat bank account, get the wiseco basket with hinson hubs, Honda makes the best plates. You could get some beefier springs, and run a hydraulic clutch. I believe that covers it,

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom