kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i have an 01 kawasaki kdx 00 and when i was riding yesterday i shut off the bike and it was still in 1st gear so when i went to move it i pulled in the clutch an tried pushing it and it acted like it was still in gear.so i put it into neutral and it pushed alot eaiser. i started it up and put it in gear and it worked just fine when i pulled in the clutch and it didnt act like it was in gear.one more thing when i was makin it scream in 2nd gear i had troulbles shifting it into third sometimes and fourth some times but not all the time maybe i need to change the oil or i am still getting use to my riding boots maybe that could be it or maybe its the clutch or something else??please help me ,jeff

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
All of your symptoms point to the clutch. Make sure your cable is adjusted properly. If so, when did you last replace the clutch plates? The tranny oil should be replaced, at a minimum, yearly. If you swap out clutch plates, this will necessitate replacing the oil (it tends to drain out when you open the clutch cover :confused: ). Do you find it difficult to find neutral while the bike is running? If you're going to disassemble the clutch cover, examine the actuator assembly to make sure nothing is broken, missing, etc.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by kdxmann
i have an 01 kawasaki kdx 00 and when i was riding yesterday i shut off the bike and it was still in 1st gear so when i went to move it i pulled in the clutch an tried pushing it and it acted like it was still in gear.so i put it into neutral and it pushed alot eaiser. i started it up and put it in gear and it worked just fine when i pulled in the clutch and it didnt act like it was in gear.

100% normal. Forgetaboutit!

Regarding shifting, it might be the boots if they are new.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i looked in the service manuel last night and i found out everything leads to too high of a viscosity level in the oul meaning its to tick and i dont think the guy before ever changed the tranny oil.plus at another forum thats wat a kdx rider told me and he had the same problem. ill do this and it should be aight.

Top Bottom