SmokinRZ

Feb 26, 2002
Hey guys, thanks for the jetting info from a few weeks ago. Now I just thought of something. I've got an FMF silencer on my 94 KDX with out spark arrestor. Is this going to be a problem in the Gunison (sp?) area? Thanks!

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
If you want to get by relatively cheap, you can go to ebay and buy a stock KDX silencer. Typically, there are lots of stock pipes and silencers on ebay very cheap. I bought an 02 silencer in excellent condition for $35. As you know it is also quieter, which might be a benefit too.

JCW

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
I WOULDN'T GO THERE WITHOUT ONE.

There are plenty of shops in most major Colorado towns and they probably have a spark arrestor that will work. Check the yellow pages when you get there or maybe check the internet and give them a call today.  They may need a day or two to get it from whatever warehouse. Good luck and give us (or e-mail me) a report on your rides.

We were out in the Rampart Range area and Cap'n Jacks around CO Springs in mid-June. It was great. We got stopped once by Rangers in R.R. They were very friendly, but I wouldn't want to do anything to rile them up.

Last edited:

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
there are some really "monstrous" fines --I've heard up to $5000. -- for no or even an unapproved spark arrestor. The feds don't like us off roaders and any way that they can harass us they will. Colorado is now really hot & dry and we have several major wildfires going on so it's just common sense to install one. Just to taunt you, my KDX is loaded up and I'll be riding around 11,000' by 10:AM today !

SmokinRZ

Feb 26, 2002
Yipee!!! I found one local for $20. What a relief!! Looks like I won't be sampling the Colorado prison system after all :)

Top Bottom