come one come all to the unofficial last ride before deer season ride.

bigpower

Jul 14, 2004
Godzuki said:
looks like me and slow joe will be staying at the starvation lake trail head sat and thats where we will be takeing off from to. we will be leaving a bit north of GR at around 7 to 7:30 am so we might be to starvation lakes trail head around 11 am im thinking not sure i havent been up to kalkaska in about a year so i cant remember how long it takes to get there from GR. big power if you want to meet up with us we plan on riding the north loop on sat maybe more depends. and then we will be heading on down the road to fredric for sunday morning.

Sounds like a plan. Should take ya bout 3-3 1/2 hours to get to Starvation. I'll probably be in the area, look for the 69'er at the Hideaway. Thats about 20 miles north of me by trail, so I'll probably just finish the North Loop with ya's. I'll see how my back feels once there, maybe I'll be game for both loops.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
bigpower said:
So far the weather report says partly cloudy and 54 for sat., thundershowers for sunday. Should be a good weekend, though.
I dont mind a wet rid... sound funactually. I just dont wanna get all the way up there and ride alone. :(

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
no, I havent heard a thing yet.

I put a new s12 in the front and a new millville on the rear tonight. fresh meats for wet leaves. :laugh:

bigpower

Jul 14, 2004
Wolf Child said:
no, I havent heard a thing yet.

I put a new s12 in the front and a new millville on the rear tonight. fresh meats for wet leaves. :laugh:

Good choices. My back prob has slowed me a bit this year, so's the baldies will work just fine for me. Install the Kold Kutters after this weekend. :)

bigpower

Jul 14, 2004
Hey Godzuki, when was the last time you guys rode the North Loop? Are you planning to go all the way to the 72 trailhead and gas up at the Shell? Or do ya got enough range to make the cut back to the north? I've got a 3.5 on my machine, and I usually leave myself a gas can out at a predetermined spot. The drawbacks of having to run 100 oct. :bang:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
This is a lot like listening to a tennis match on the radio :aj:
Would you guys do all of us , ahhhhummm, "innocent" bystanders a HUGE favor?? Please post approximate times you may be the Trail Heads you are departing from in the a.m. AND the approxitmate location of those Trail Heads??
You just never know who may show!!
Thanks ya'll!!
Woodsy

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
woodsy said:
This is a lot like listening to a tennis match on the radio :aj:
Would you guys do all of us , ahhhhummm, "innocent" bystanders a HUGE favor?? Please post approximate times you may be the Trail Heads you are departing from in the a.m. AND the approxitmate location of those Trail Heads??
You just never know who may show!!
Thanks ya'll!!
Woodsy

please include as many details as possible, SOS plates req'd, refuel plans etc.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
ooooooooooookay well me and slow joe will be at the starvation lake trail head at around10:30 to 11:00am on this comming sat, with camper and 2 crf450's in the back of joes charcoal grey gm truck. our intial plan for the 2 of us and anybody wanting to join in on is to depart that trail head and ride the north loop. now thats it for the day depending on how we feel and the amount of sun light availible left in the day being neither of us have head lights or tail lights or plates or insurance or you get the picture ehhhh no plates needed on this here ride. hehe.

now to answer bigpower question about fuel range i myself have a 3.4 gallon exxon valdeze gas tank on mine, and as far as i know joe has the stocker which will limit our distance to around 40 to 50 miles before he will need some fossile fuel. this is for sat.

sunday we will be meeting at the M72 fredric trail head at 9:30am that is near terrys power sports i think it is called. now it isnt marked as the fredric trail head so heres how to find it as you are going east from 131 you will see the kalkaska M72 trail head on the north side of the road KEEP going you will pass a ORV dealer i believe is called terrys something or another, just past this is another trail head on the north side of the road, i think if i remember correctly is called the blue lake snowmobile trail head. yes this is okay for us to depart from being it is on the cccmap and it doesnt say plates needed. we will have a 9 mile 2 track fire road adventure getting to the actuall single track. this is a fun spot if you dont have alot of top speed, due to you can whatch wolfy miss turns hehe.

here is a pic from last years ride.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y290/...es/?action=view&current=wheelieinthewoods.jpg

i have more somewhere i just have to find them.

bigpower

Jul 14, 2004
Yup, the places is called Terry's Sports Center. Big Honda sign, can't miss it.

The Starvation Lake Trail Head is on Starvation Lake Rd, across from thye Hideaway bar.

From US131, go thru Kalkaska, make a right at CR612(Shell on west side, BK on east) take that to the blinking light. Thats CR571. Go left, appx 10 miles, to Starvation Lake Rd. Make a right, go appx 7 miles and the trailheads on the left, bars on the right.

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
THANKS GUYS!!! If there is anyway possible I would love to come up and help you put a whoopen on those trails!! Gotta play it by ear though... Any idea how whooped out the Sunday trails are??
Thanks again!
Woodsy

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
bigpower said:
trailheads on the left, bars on the right.
Yep, that's why I picked that spot for Saturday. Only ever been there on a snowmobile though. Hopefully zuki doesn't get us in a bar fight.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Wolf, I went to school with that kid! He's a pretty good rider for being 6'6".

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
woodsy said:
THANKS GUYS!!! If there is anyway possible I would love to come up and help you put a whoopen on those trails!! Gotta play it by ear though... Any idea how whooped out the Sunday trails are??
Thanks again!
Woodsy
i heard it from a little birdy Fredrick (sunday ride) just got graded a week ago) :ride: :cool: :aj:

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
what the me get us into a bar fight, hehehe hahaha unless they kick my honda over i think we will be okay hehe i dont plan on guarding the beer that much hehe especially when we have a ride the next day ya want to be fresh for that one. hey joe do you have a dvd player in that trailer, if so i could stop by wolfys on friday pic up the long lake/ horshoe ride vid he has made and we can whatch it friday night or sat night.

bigpower

Jul 14, 2004
slow_joe said:
Yep, that's why I picked that spot for Saturday. Only ever been there on a snowmobile though. Hopefully zuki doesn't get us in a bar fight.

Nah, you guy's should be alright. Know I will and have to be cool. It's one of the only bars in Kalkaska County that I can still go in(LOL). Everybody knows this a__hole in the place. The new owners are straight up people, super cool. They've expanded the menu, alcohol is reasonable, and, unlike most of the bars in the area(namingly that sh**hole, Dingmans), there are actually some pretty decent looking women that frequent the establishment. Well, most of the time,anyway. I'll be hangin around the trailhead around 11ish. Can't miss my machine, the # 69. Got an unmistakable smell to it, too! ;)

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
bigpower said:
Nah, you guy's should be alright. Know I will and have to be cool. It's one of the only bars in Kalkaska County that I can still go in(LOL). Everybody knows this a__hole in the place. The new owners are straight up people, super cool. They've expanded the menu, alcohol is reasonable, and, unlike most of the bars in the area(namingly that sh**hole, Dingmans), there are actually some pretty decent looking women that frequent the establishment. Well, most of the time,anyway. I'll be hangin around the trailhead around 11ish. Can't miss my machine, the # 69. Got an unmistakable smell to it, too! ;)
you or the bike? :rotfl:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
HAHAHA! I was actually thinking of leaving it behind this time. just cuz I dont want to carry the weight. but now I'm not so sure. ;)

Top Bottom