RemeberMe

Jun 26, 2001
I'm about to send off my motor to Eric and noticed on his work order there is a spot that specs out Hi or Low evelvation. The cutoff is 5000 ft. My dilema is I can't decide because I ride my bike anywhere from 3500 to 6500 ft, which puts me in the middle for this decision. Is there any medium here (can he set it up for 3500-6500), or am I comitted one way or the other.

TIA,
Andrew

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Write him a little note explaining your concerns and he'll adjust things to suit. Eric is very flexible and puts those numbers on the Service Order Form as a basic guide line. The more info you can provide him before he starts the better.

RemeberMe

Jun 26, 2001
Thanks Rich, I'll be sure to write him a note. Knowing he was out for I while I thought it best to come here and ask rather than bother him. He has more important stuff to attend to.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I would say you are at high altitude. 3500 feet is pretty high. Get it set for high altitude, but the best is just talk to eric gorr. He will help you out.

Erik

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
When we do an altitude correction we typically turndown the cylinder base and machine the squishband deeper. All the ports are lowered, retarding the timing and reducing the overall duration.
If you take a trip to ride at sea level, all you need to do to compensate for the altitude density is to install a few extra cylinder base gaskets.

Top Bottom