Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I hear you guys defended the house today ... in fact the only minute I saw of the game was just as Canada scored in OT (on a TV in a quick stop)... well done! I know it means a lot up there. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
They won the North American Spelling Bee?!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Was a great game! Two great hockey teams, I mentioned to Char if those teams played 100 games it could end up 50/50. An exciting finish with winning that final gold medal we also set a new Olympic record for the most Gold medals won by any country in the Winter Olympics with 14 surpassing the Russians previous record of 13.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
What a game!! the US tied it just in time to force an overtime but in the end the big red leaf pulled it off. Congrats on the gold.

Over all an excellent week of games and venues only gap I saw was in the opening ceremony the 4th leg not coming up but the games as always rebounded.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Not a big hockey fan but, WHAT A GREAT GAME! :cool:

Congrats to Canada. But Chili, I gotta ask. What's up with the goofy hats and moose sweaters in the closing ceremonies? :whoa: For a while I thought I was watching a Monty Python skit. :whoa: :rotfl:

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
I didn't catch the closing ceremonies other than the spoof skit on an old "I am Canadian" beer commercial that William Shatner nailed and Catherine O'Hara missed the concept.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
So Chili, was there a run on Pop Tarts and Molsons at all the stores in Canada today?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Rich Rohrich said:
So Chili, was there a run on Pop Tarts and Molsons at all the stores in Canada today?

Not sure on the Pop Tart sales but no one in Canada drinks Molson, we export that swill to other unsuspecting countries. Just ask Pat who drank the Molson Canadian he brought when we went out for dinner :laugh: There's another topic, gotta love Texas, head to a restaurant and bring your own booze :rotfl:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah go figure, I buy the Molsons because it's got a big Canadian flagMaple Leaf on the carton and the waitress snags it and gives me a bucket with ice instead. She had already pitched it when I asked for it back and told her why. She said "They are Canadians and all you brought was a 6 pack and bottle of wine?" :laugh:

We'll have to hit Rosies on fajita night (Tue / Sat) sometime Doug. Tony sure seems to like them but now I'll have to bring Shiner when we go.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Firtst of all, I thought this thread was about Dean Wilson, the new (fast Canadian) prospect in the lites class that Canadians need to cheer for. Everyone seems to think that all Canadians can skate and play hockey well - this is profiling, I tell ya. :yell:

Second, it amuses me when I've seen signs advertising "Canadian Whiskey" in the USA (most of the signs are gone now) like it was some sort of exotic, imported whiskey. In Canada, it's considered ordinary swill - Canadians prefer exotic, imported whiskey such as as Jack Daniels. :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom