Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Here I Is! The place has a full size MX track with good elevation change (read off cambers and medium hills) and great dirt. A mini MX track that is sometimes linked to the big track for CC's or MX's. Around an 8-10 mile Cross Country Loop with really good trails. Plus Cooper has additional riding a few miles away by country road that has more trails than I could tell you with small MX playtracks, etc. Plus there are Cooper's climbing cliffs and nightmare trails to scare mortals. However, this is stuff Guy has to show you because its not public (I think). No worries though because he loves to ride and wouldn't pass up many chances.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Well then, I may just have to sneak away for this one!
smile.gif
I'm not a track rider, I prefer trails. I wouldn't mind taking a look at those climbing cliffs, and nightmare trails! Sounds like fun!!
smile.gif

------------------
John
00 CR500AF
No Fear....Just Respect
ST's Picture Page

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Hmmmm....I've never heard of that rule before.
smile.gif

Oh wait! I know what you're thinking, if AJ and ST make it up that narly hill, I know I can too!
wink.gif
If they don't, better them than me!
tongue.gif

------------------
John
00 CR500AF
No Fear....Just Respect
ST's Picture Page

[This message has been edited by singletracker500 (edited 02-22-2001).]

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Set the date so that I can mark it as day off from indentured servitude...

Count me in but I need them dates!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Hey don't put to much pressure on me man! Okie have you talked to Guy about this yet? I'll shoot him an e-mail to see what he thinks about it (hope he remembers me through an e-mail.) I also have his home phone, but that's kinda like the batphone, only for emergencies during my KTM era. I don't really know what he'll say about a test ride, but I think we've got a good shot.

Another idea, but definitely too late in the year to do anygood, is the Cross Country race on Sept. 2.

By the way here is a small overhead pic of the track. http://www.cooperland.com/photogallery.htm

[This message has been edited by Smitty (edited 02-22-2001).]

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
4/14 - 4/15. You can do it Smitty, you're a fellow Okie. Just don't tell him any Texans are coming. Twinspar will start gunning for you OK riders shouting "remember the Alamo!" Oh yeah, that was the "other" TX border war
tongue.gif

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hehehe:
"Twinspar will start gunning for you OK riders shouting "remember the Alamo!""

Between Twinnie and Thump they'll both be lucky to even find the place. One cant write good enough directions for the other to find TEXAS STADIUM. How are they going to find Cooperland? Hehehe... Seriously IF you guys make it to OKC, page me and I'll come lead you out there! Bwaahaahaa :)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Ahem!

I'll have you know that I know my way around your fair state pretty damn well. I used to live in KS and always meandered into all the small towns for pit stops on road trips... Kids... Why do they have this strange need to sample every bathroom in every town.

You don't even have to give me directions... I know my way to Stillwater!

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Just got off the phone with Guy. He is excited about it. I will let you guys know the dates that we will be riding when we firm the deal up. I can tell you it will be 2 days between April 15-19 and Guy wants to meet us there and show us around.....
biggrin.gif

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
This is just a scouting trip not the real deal, if the location is good we will consider having it there this year.

Guy was kind enough to offer his time to show us the place in advance to see if it has all the facilities that we require and he is quite possibly gonna do some laps with us.

MX221

Jul 21, 2000
Thump I can't believe you haven't called and told me about this. It must be kinda like the supercross tickets, huh?
tongue.gif
Either way, you couldn't stop me from going!

Shane

PS. My wife has already given me permission! She might even come too, if I decide to invite her!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Let's see here... MX211 = Plano Honda employee = TEAM PLANO HONDA... And he's whining about tickets with the lowly fans?

I'll trade you some seats for an all access pit pass.
wink.gif

stevenb8

Mar 31, 2000
Count me in, I would love to go. Shane you know those tickets are reserved for your friend and riding partner. You wouldn't want to let my son down in the process would you?
redface.gif

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
regarding the public riding area nearby, it's not 5000 acres, it's 500 acres. we call it "the 500". don't worry about the size, you won't get bored.

MX221

Jul 21, 2000
Twinnie, Just because I work there doesn't mean that they give us free tickets. When someone asked about tickets, he was told to call ticketmaster! I was just picking anyways.

Shane

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Thump, sounds like you've got it working. I don't think there will be any problems getting Guy to take a few laps with us. You guys are gonna love his personal riding areas and the track. I'm in when you go.

Top Bottom