abramja

Mar 29, 2006
When I bought my bike used, it had a BR8 plug in it. (Brand new. Should have caught that as a sign.) Started it, putted around, great bike, buy it! Got home, started after a few kicks, putted around the yard with the kids on the little bikes. Next time out, Kicked till I was tired, removed the wet dripping plug, cleaned it, and it started. Kawasaki recommends the BR9es, so I bought 2. Replaced the plug that fouled every time I putted around the yard. Guess what, same thing with the 9. Not a problem when out with other big bikes, but in the yard, foul plugs. I think a 7 would be better for around the house, but what about when I go riding the big trails, will it damage the engine??? :coocoo:

Help.

Joe

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
If your jetting is setup correctly and you are still having fouling problems I would go up one heat range on the plug (BR8ES).

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Check your jetting, it may not be right. If all is good, then the 7 should be fine. If you are really concerned, throw in and 8 at the big trail, then put the 7 back in at the house. It's a quick swap.

Top Bottom