cr 125 height problem or not?

Section 8

Jul 13, 2003
I'm about 5'5 155 pounds.
I can barely tippy toe one foot on one side while sitting on the bike (getting a different bike is not an option since we just bought this one and a 230cc ahha) I'm not a motorx racer nor will i spend a lot of time on the track. question is... How many people out there can hardly touch the ground? I have a lot of trouble starting the bike without a milk crate to stand on.

Are there any seat lowering kits? I do not want to take the stock seat apart and start ripping the foam out. thanks!

nitro5185

Apr 25, 2003
You could just loosen up the spring tension on the back shock so that the bike dont come up as high.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Shaving the seat foam is a great way to get lower without altering suspension geometry. I also am vertically challenged and my 99 was a little tall for trail riding. I ended up cutting the subframe about 7mm and shaving the seat. At 5'6", I can now touch with both feet, making it easier to dab my foot when on tight single track.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…