stevetheking

Sep 1, 2007
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my cr 125.
It has a little problem with starting. It seems as though the bike has a spark but doesn't want to start. I don't think the fuel is getting through. If I put a little fuel down the head it starts until the fuel has burnt and then it cuts out again. I have took the carb out and it seemed to very clean. It seems as though the fuel just isn't reaching the engine.

any ideas as its driving me mad trying to get the thing to work.

any advice much appreciated. Steve. :ride:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Pull the line where it goes into the carb, then turn the petcock on. See if gas comes out. If it does, loosen the drain on the carb and see if you have gas there.

stevetheking

Sep 1, 2007
hi there.

I really don't know whats what when it comes to a carb.

when you say pull the line do you mean the accellerator cable.

also what is the petcock. is that the petrol tap that switched off and on. also how do you loosen the drain ?

sorry just haven't got a clue really.

steve.

stevetheking

Sep 1, 2007
i think I know what you mean now.

i have pulled off the pipe that goes into the card and switched the fuel tap on and there is gas coming out.

also I have taken the drain off the bottom of the carb and petrol does come out there aswell.

any ideas ?

steve.

stevetheking

Sep 1, 2007
I have took the card apart and I dont think there it seems really clean and I can't see any blockages. How does the fuel go into the engine from the carb. Is it sucked in ? Could it be something els other than the carb ?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
have you checked the reeds? Could be that they are toast..

Take the carb off, and remove the four bolts holding the boot on between the carb and the engine. The reeds are inside there.

If they are chipped, cracked or otherwise broken, you'll need to replace them.

If they don't seat against the reed block, they are toast.

Top Bottom