GOT DIRT

Dec 27, 2006
I Have A Crf250x My Son Has Crf 100 He Is 13yrs Old And Has Bin Ryding 2 1/2 Yrs.we Both Like Trail Riding Endoro And Just Woods Riding.now My Son Has A Cr125 We Have Not Taken It Trail Riding Yet.i Jeted It To The Chart For Temp And Sea Leval.runs Good .i Now This Is A Race Bike But Seems Frendly Also For Trail Riding.some Times We Do Rocky Slow Trails .i Now The Cr125 Is Not Good For This.do Other Peaple Run Cr125 For This Trail And Woods Riding. Any Sug. On Seting Bike Up For This.poss Some Exhaust Systems .my Son Likes The Power Band And Seems Ok Riding It.just Wondering Lots Of Times We Ride 50-60 Miles On Trals. Any Feed Back Thanks.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I'll start by saying that i used to ride a 125 in a woods environment when i was younger. It was very tough to ride especially if you get in the tight technical hill climbs because of the lack of bottom end power. Your son will have to get really good with the clutch to make it go where your 250x will go, but that's not saying it won't go where your bike will go, it will only take an exceptional rider to do it. Another factor you will have to address is the fuel issue since a 2 stroke like your 125 will not run 50 miles on a tank, or at least mine won't. To make that bike effective for the tight stuff i think you will have to gear it down a little. I think most riders that contribute to this forum will give you some other good info, some of which might involve a different bike. I guess you could always just let your son ride the 125 and see how he does adapting to the woods/trail riding on it.

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
get a pipe to boost bottom/mid (if they sell em i dunno)
reeds

FloGreen245

Jul 25, 2006
IMS oversize tank, pipe (PC or fmf gnarly), reeds should do it. The most needed is probably the tank. 125s do fine on trails... you just gotta stay on the pipe if you're goin up anything.

jim f.

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 2, 2005
I have a 03 that I ride in the woods. I found on mine that the powervalve never closed the way it was set up stock. I would check it. I also put an a flywheel weight and a FMF fatty pipe. But the thing that helped make it easy to ride in the woods was a recluse clutch.

cr85rb_rider

Uhhh...
Nov 28, 2006
My 85 does just fine in all the trails, it is a little hard on climbing hills because you cant just haul right up them, you have to just about pinn the throttal, but i can get almost anywhere on a 85, just keep it in low gears.

Never had a problem on any trails, just use the clutch.

Top Bottom