billsocal

Oct 22, 2001
got my son a 2000 cr125 at the end of the year. it was a very well maintained bike and wasent riddin a whole lot. after he did some riding got used to it ( he rides pretty hard and i know i should have done it sooner) i finally changed the oil was pretty black. i refilled with BelRay 80w gear saver. he did a GP over the weekend and i went to change the oil and its black. i dont know alot about two strokes (learning quick) but that dosent seem normal .... is it ?........also was lookin to get a PC pipe, V-Force reeds and do a gear change seem to need some low end and get rid of the bog.........any other suggestions ?

thanks

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
If you've got aluminum clutch plates it'll turn black real quick. With my 02cr125 switching to steel plates helped but I still made the oil turn from red to black super quick. I believe clutch abuse had something to do with that.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Just normal clutch use will cause that, I'd use something other than belray no it's not a bad oil it's an excellent oil. But pick up something lighter in color like golden spectral or maxima mtl. They are clearish like vegatable oil I just like it cause it's easier to read it, if it's burning up what does the oil smell like? It could be just a case of worn clutch plates and they are slipping alittle more than they should. The bike is 3 yrs old after all.

billsocal

Oct 22, 2001
i thought it might be burned but smells fine.............i'll try something lighter on the next change. just ive never seen oil change like that in a short period of time . like i said im learnin

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom