cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
my 96cr250 has stock suspension and it is about horrible. is there any way i could get it to be like a stock 02 yz250f? i rode one yesterday and that thing didnt headshake and wouldnt wash out- 2 things my cr enjoys doing.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
yea, the xr(its an 80 actually) runs but still needs a pilot jet i think. im gonna pick up a few soon so ill get back to ya. Also Dean where in NJ could i send my suspension? Is there one called Pro Pilot or something? And another thing is would my bike handle well off road if it was set up by an mx oriented place? Like if it was set up for my weight for mx( i dont race but i like jumping) would it be too stiff for off road?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Check with Factory Connection.  They used to do the woods setups for Kevin Hines' CREs.  I remember seeing a review of the bike in Cycle News and they raved about the FC suspension. 

My bike has FC suspension (with Paioli conventional forks) and it is sensational in the woods.  Super plush, but would still work for moto or high speed.

They also do LaRocco's and Windham's bikes, so their MX credentials are pretty solid, too.   

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
Hummmm...I can have it done at my local shop for $150(forks and shock each $150) by the owner(Gary Noble, he races a crf450 in harescrambles and enduros and is part of the ECEA if any of you know him). I figure he would just order all the parts n stuff needed, Does that sound good?If hees gonna order this stuff would it be as good as sending it to Fc or Race tech or something? I would have the forks done 1st, would it be bad to leave the shock stock? I seem to have the rear end decent now that i turned the Rebound(clicker on top of the can) down a bit.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Shipping and insurance can really add to the cost, so you should certainly save some money going with a local shop.  If he regularly works on CRs and  knows the local conditions, those are plusses, too.  If you are not sure of his reputation, ask around or get some references.   Make sure you talk to him about your ability, where you ride, and what you don't like about the stock suspension.  

The price quotes probably don't include any parts that need replacing, such as bushings, so set aside a little extra.

My CR had both ends done when I bought the bike.  But my past experience with other offroad bikes is if you can only afford to do one end, do the forks first. 

Top Bottom